FyreTV Reviews (Please Read)

I'm eagerly awaiting my FyreTV box as a BETA tester. Is it possible to connect the box to my router wirelessly? Or should I go with the hardwired ethernet. Any advise would be great!

I run mine via Gx2 wireless, static assigned IP's DHCPand it works fine even on DVD PQ setting.

I run mine via Gx2 wireless, static assigned IP's DHCPand it works fine even on DVD PQ setting.
Currently none of the WIFI capable boxxxes are being tested through the FyreTV BETA program. In the future we will have WIFI capable boxxxes and they will be available during our commercial launch.

The use of powerline adapters could be a resourceful workaround or alternative to running cable through the attic or across the living room. Please refer to this link for a more indepth discussion on this issue.

FyreTV FAQ :: If I don't have an internet connection next to my TV?

I've tried a few videos and only had one so far that had no audio. DVD video setting seems to work well.

So far the only real issue is that the remote has such a limited range to be able to hit the box successfully. The layout and meanings of the buttons were confusing but I found the manual for it on the fyre website.

Speaking of website, I am unable to get into the forums over there. I can log in but almost all forums say "private". I followed the activation link in the email I received for the forums but that url is invalid. I see no "register" button or away to resend the activation email Any ideas?

Too many buttons on the remote. The remote is not laid out well and is very confusing. Where is the back button?

With the 5 or 6 threads all on this same subject I was not sure if anyone had posted this yet and I will post it the threads I see:

I fired up the FyreTV box again tonight with the wife and see a firmware upgrade is D/L. I will try to note anything new or different I see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts