Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
I would like to pick up both G-28 (89W) and G-26 (93W) on one 1.2m dish. Not sure if anyone has done this but might it be possible using two Invacom QPH-031 LNBs? This is Ku only.
Thanks Guys!
C.

Sorry, LNBs are SNH-031 the smaller universal single LNB.

Last edited:
Lak7,
Maybe will have to give it a try.
Yes the QPH would be way too big but after reading your post I realized my error. Supposed to be nice weather this weekend.
Thanks..
C.

probably:

I would guess: "Probably"
But, if you'll look at the 4th and 5th pages of the AMC 21 thread, you can see how it's calculated.

You need to know your location,
... the location of the desired satellites,
... the focal length of your particular 120mm dish,
... the size of the LNB .

That way , you'd know ahead of time if the Invacoms would fit, or you'd have to go with smaller LNBs.

I dont see why not as long as you have small enough LNB's

4 degree spacing is pretty good on 76cm dishes. I know Primestars are 5 degrees for KU and 4 for DBS due to the stronger DBS signal

Thanks Fellows,
It should be very close and if one smaller bullet LNB would help I think I have a spare one kicking around somewhere. Will let you know if it works.
Guess I will have to manufacture an LNB holder somehow... There's a nice one in the thread Anole posted. Might have to look into that if I find a good signal.
C.

Finally got the time to set this up. Works reasonably well using the two Invacom LNBs but not perfectly; suspect another 1/8" closer and the signal would be maxed out, so I just split the difference when aiming the dish. The transponders required are around 50% Q from both satellites. If I peak them individually I might get 70%... Not bad.
By the way the receiver is a Viewsat Platnum lite. Have to manually input the transponder information, can't figure out if it has blind scan or not going through the menus.

Thanks for the help and ideas everyone!
-C.

Sadoun KLB1

You could also consider the
Sadoun KLB1 Monoblock Duo LNBF 4 Degree Single Output Linear KU 0.4 dB

Attachments

• KLB1.jpg
    KLB1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Monoblock-KLB1-holder.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB1-holder.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Monoblock-KLB1-label.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB1-label.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Monoblock-KLB1.jpg
    Monoblock-KLB1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 166
I wonder if the Sadoun KLB1 scalar rings are a bit too close for the 4' dish... It is soooo close with the two regular LNBs, like LAK7 says above the two bullet LNBs with the proper holder would likely be perfect. I was suprised though when I installed the second LNB and went down to the receiver and kabang.. there was the G26 transponder. Didn't really do much tweeking to get a decent signal and split the difference. There is a difference in skew between the two sats but if the LNBs were perfectly aligned it may not make that much of a difference. I tend to like to fabricate things but if my holder gives out or doesn't work out I might consider trying the KLB1 I am sure it would work.
Great writeup Ice.
Tnx again!
-C.

The monoblock is designed for a 76cm-90cm dish. I tried mine on a 90cm dish. I think the 120cm might not work

I know the Primestar dish didnt work. It would only lock one satellite (I think the spacing is 5 degrees on those)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts