Frequency Range for Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

guy FTA

Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
AZ
Anyone knows the frequency range for this satellite? I am trying to buy in-line amplifier and knowing the frequency will help me choose the right one. Also, since we're talking about amplifiers anyone has a suggestion about what to buy?

Thanks,
:confused:

amps are useless in my mind..they actually HINDER the reception

Unless you need to run like 500 feet of cable, you shouldnt need an amp. I've run 200+ feet with no issues...signal is just as good as 10 feet away :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am using RG6 (about 75ft) ... I guess my only option to increase the signal level is to get a larger dish (my current dish is 30" on short access) 1 meter (41") would be perfect but its so expensive especially the shipping ...Iam trying to find something locally but no success .. I live in Phoenix,AZ

Last edited:
I have a 30" (Winegard) here on the opposite border (Minnesota) ;) and I can pick up everything on 97 just fine (and the arc for that matter). Cable run is about 100 feet

Have you tried to tweak the dish a little bit? I know with 97W a little move can make a big difference in signal quality

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am using RG6 (about 75ft) ... I guess my only option to increase the signal level is to get a larger dish (my current dish is 30" on short access) 1 meter (41") would be perfect but its so expensive especially the shipping ...Iam trying to find something locally but no success .. I live in Phoenix,AZ

Guy FTA,

You should have no problems with 75 feet of cable if it is quality cable. As Ice has mentioned, he has a 100 foot run and has no problems. I have also set up a dish about 210 feet or so away from the receiver with RG6 cable and had no problems controlling the motor, switches and LNBF.

As Sadoun suggested, using RG6 or RG11 cable with a solid copper core would be better than CCS (copper clad steel), but if you are having signal QUALITY issues with only 75 feet of RG6 cable, you likely have other problems and as Ice stated, the amplifier won't help you much.

You either have a really poor cable/connection, the dish is not perfectly aligned for this particular satellite or the satellite signal is very weak in your location and a larger dish (as Sadoun mentioned) may be required.

If you take your receiver and a small TV directly to your dish antenna and check the signal level and quality using a very short segment of cable, you can verify whether the 75' of cable is a part of your problem or not.

If the signal does not improve greatly when you are right at the dish, then check your alignments first and check the EIRP for that particular sat and TP for your area and verify that you have the appropriate sized dish (or not).

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts