Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Does usuals work with these boxes? IF now why? Also, I have my dish fully up, I get Cband great minus a few exceptions. KU band on the other hand doesnt come in. Also, C band seems to only pickup Horizontal transponders and not Vertical. It almost sounds like I need to rotate the feed horn a bit.

I'm using this BSC621 I had this one from a while ago. I proabably should go and get another ku / C lnbf. I also have a geosat pro c/ku combo that I could swapout the KU portion of it. I'm not using the bulitin diseq switch, Im instad running a ku and C wire to the Garage and running a 4 -1 diseq switch there.

Usals wont work because linear actuator pulse counts are not uniform from one brand to another and there is no reference position or internal controller like the diseqc motors have.

When installing the BSC621, the "box" on the side should be at the 9 to 6 o'clock, when the Dish is at your southern Sat.
With the Dish at your South Sat, take the cap off, you should see a 1/4" metal rod, that should be Horizontal to the Dish.

Last edited:
When installing the BSC621, the "box" on the side should be at the 9 to 6 o'clock, when the Dish is at your southern Sat.
With the Dish at your South Sat, take the cap off, you should see a 1/4" metal rod, that should be Horizontal to the Dish.

Ok Ill take a look at it tonight, I think I need to find the KU wave guide thing for this, or does it not need one? If i remember right one of the LNB's came with a little wafer that goes inside the lnb for ku.

That's for Circular Signals, do not use for Linear.
Also, try with out the supplied feed cover.

This morning I took the Feed cover is off, I did notice a hairline crack in the casing on the KU lnb. Im going to swap it out with the one that I have from my bst 621. They look like they are the same. Hopefully that would fix it. Also, turning the lnb should help too. :) What's weird is analouge works great, both on H and V c band.

Ok I repointed the dish tonight, put the lnb at the 9 oclock, I seem to be doing good :) Picking up H and V channels now. Just did a scan of AMC10, Man I wish CNNHD was in the clear :(

put the lnb at the 9 oclock
With the Dish at your True South, the C Band LNB "the box" should be on an angle "\O" pointing from 9 to 6, approx.
Most important is that the 1/4" Isolation Bar inside is Horizontal to the Dish, when the Dish is at your True South.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)