Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Hi guys.

Any 1 out there can tell me what size I really need to get satmex 5 @ 116 bcause i like to get some channels for that satellite.

Honduras, ecuador, Guatemal and santo Domingo.

thank u for ur helps guys. :):)

Hi guys.

Any 1 out there can tell me what size I really need to get satmex 5 @ 116 bcause i like to get some channels for that satellite.

Honduras, ecuador, Guatemal and santo Domingo.

thank u for ur helps guys. :):)

I've been using my Fortec FS6D at 116w and 113w and getting fine reception with CBAND.

I get the C-Band stuff just fine (which it sounds like that's what you want...C-Band) with the 6 footer in Minneapolis

hello guys.

Really , Really thank u for ur comments these i will put on my book, and i'll try to get a 6 footer dish better than 4 footer offsat dish.

thank u very much.

Settings for satmex 5

Hello to everyone
If anybody knows the answer
I got a 7.5 feet mesh dish. I read in the forums that i can get satmex 5 on c band. Anybody knows the settings for this bird.
I got viewsat extreme
lnb type universal
lnb frq 5150
transporter frq 3957
22 khz off
im not sure is this are the right settings
Im in kissimmee florida
any help with be appreciated

Hello to everyone
If anybody knows the answer
I got a 7.5 feet mesh dish. I read in the forums that i can get satmex 5 on c band. Anybody knows the settings for this bird.
I got viewsat extreme
lnb type universal
lnb frq 5150
transporter frq 3957
22 khz off
im not sure is this are the right settings
Im in kissimmee florida
any help with be appreciated

Change LNB Type to Standard

check out thelist at the top or Mike Kohl's site

global-cm.net/MPEGlistCBandUS.html

for that transponder you posted I see
V-3957 03.100 CB-TV Morelia, Michoacan Mexico

so symbol rate needs to be 3100

Hey iceberg thanks for answering my post so soon
now the symbol rate is 3100 like you said
so is there a place on the menu i need to put the symbol rate

actually im interested in the channels from dominican republic
there is like 10 or 11 channels the transporters are
so do you have to add them manually in the menu of my receiver
and also the symbol rate

I havent worked with the Viewsat in a long time so I forget how to add a transponder

If you add them, you need to add all the info
frequency
polarity
symbol rate

Some of the Viewsat's the blind scan does work. Once you get the satellite locked in, try a blind scan and see if everything comes in fine

which dish is better for c-band?

Hi guys.

I just wondering which type dish ( 6 footer ) will be better to get strong quality signal. a 6 footer satellite dish from Sadoun or a bud (nest type). all ur comments will be helpfull for me.

thank u very much. :):)

Hi guys.

I just wondering which type dish ( 6 footer ) will be better to get strong quality signal. a 6 footer satellite dish from Sadoun or a bud (nest type). all ur comments will be helpfull for me.

thank u very much. :):)

well it seems like you have already asked in the past here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/174716-what-dish-size-satmex5-116-a.html

I don't see why you still need to ask, when both ice and me and others have the same suggestion for you. Get the Sadoun 6ft dish.

i would not mess with a 6 footer, as they do not get everything up there

and how do you know?? Arent you the one who has posted about 10 threads (of which they get merged) looking for a dish after you cut up a perfectly working dish? :rolleyes:

I have 2 6 footers and other than a couple channels I get everything up there. Heck on one 6 footer I have 2 LNB's on it (91 & 99)

oh and I live in MN so I guess the footprints suck for me :rolleyes:

have had a 6 footer for over 3 years now (damn cant believe its been that long already) and love them :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts