G10 satellite need help!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vargf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
I was watching Spanish channels at 9 am but suddenly all channels gone

I like to know if any body can help me with this issue. I have a Fortec Ultra blinder

receiver and a 500CI Pansat receiver. Now both are connected to a Single ku-band LNB througt out a Controler Satellite Switch S-SM24 that I bought on SADOUN

I have to Antennas One is C-Band and the Other is Ku-band.

What can I do to fix this problem.

what type of switch are you using to split the signal to two receivers ? (S-SM24 got that )
if you remove one of the receivers does the channel come back ??
are the receivers watching the same polarity at the same time or is it split to compensate between the two receivers (S-SM24 ) does the lnb have dual output so both receivers can watch different polarities at the same time ??

Last edited:
G10 issue

The set up on my both receivers are the following:

1 The LNB is quad two linear signal for Ku-Band and Circular for Dish Network

2 The receivers use a S-M24 switch to split the receives I use output RX1 for the Fortect and output RX2 for the 500CI Pansat.

3 The the inputs the C- band is in the LBC1 or input1 and Ku-band is in LBC2 or input2.

4 Yes, I can see diffrent polarities at the same time

Hi:

I would be temped to simplify the issue by disconnecting the circular output from your LNB. If that did not improve the situation I would temporarily bypass the switch and run one of your KU outputs directly to the receiver you get G10R on. If you still have no success I might try a fresh blindscan of that satellite. Once you get your channels back start putting your system back together in steps and see if it keeps working.

cheers
Bryce

When I lose a signal or satellite, I first suspect the dish. And this is basically the only thing which can change. Receiver settings and electronics are pretty reliable. They stay the same and keep on working. It is the "mechanical" things I suspect first when there is trouble.

With a dish the wind can blow it and move it slightly, a large bird may sit on it and move it slightly, the "play" in a positioner can make the difference between getting a weak satellite or not.

The dish aiming and dish size on G10 Ku is critical.

I have a 70 cm dish which I have dead on (up/down, left/right), but on cloudy days G10 is the first sat to go out!

I just got a 1 meter dish (100 cm), and that extra 20 cm has made a ton of difference with this sat. This is a fixed dish aimed only at G10 Ku.

When I adjusted this dish, I used a coax attached signal meter. I could only go up/down about 3/16 inch either way before I lost the signal. And I could only go left/right about 3/16 inch before I lost the signal.

So you have this space up down and left right like the size of an O! To get a good reliable signal, I need to have my dish pointing at the center of this ---> O

If my 1 meter dish is aimed exactly to the center of the O, then I get good reception from G10. If my dish is aimed to the edges of the O, then I won't get much of anything.

So what size dish do you have?
How have you aligned your dish to be sure it is dead on up/down?
How have you aligned your dish to be sure it is dead on left/right?

I hate to say it, but with my amateurish setups, sometimes my wires can be loose,
or cut, or other problems - just with wiring (once a wire was cut w/mower)...
suggest you check that too...

Issue in G10 or dish

I'm using a motor HH90. the dish is set up with the highgest satellite. The highest satellite in my area is SatMex5 I got all satellites, but suddenly the reception become weak and I lost all channels.

The signal start at 90% and then goes to 50% and later 0%. This happend with G10R.

I'm confuse on the setup and I think the dish is from 70 cm to 90 cm.

any idea?

Thanks

To properly set up these dishes and receivers it takes a lot of learning. I spent several weeks reading and learning before attempting to set up my dish.

So either learn to do it yourself - learn exactly what size dish you have, the offset amount so you can set it at the correct elevation, etc.

Or pay someone else to set-up your dish for you (try yellow pages satellite)

If you want to learn all about this, read the following...
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp2.html
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp3.html
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts