G10R is a time warp!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
I have become somewhat attached to this bird, especially "The Tube"...my kind of stuff...Hogan's Heros (good to see Shultz again!), the Brady Bunch (blah) and all kinds of neat retro stuff!! Makes me feel like the "good" ole days! heh heh:D
Jeff

G10R is where my motor sits at. Don't miss some of the other classics like Wild Wild West, Hawaii Five-O, Quincy, Kojak, Laverne & Shirley, and My Three Sons.

Reminds me of when I was a kid.....and it sucks to say that, because it means I am getting older.....bleh. :)

Don't feel bad

Sassan said:
Reminds me of when I was a kid.....and it sucks to say that, because it means I am getting older.....bleh. :)

Don't feel bad...I already got older!!!!:D

Jeff

My 1 meter Channel Master is pole-mounted fixed on G-10R. This means I can instantly channel-surf G-10R even when the motorized dish is across the arc from there. Best FTA satellite IMO.

Sassan said:

I plan on getting older someday myself. :) A program that I would like to find (for my daughter :) ) is the Jetsons. It seems like that should be old enough to be retro. Maybe it's on somewhere.... Seems like I never have time to turn on the TV in the daytime.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, the Jetsons are more retro (older) than most of the shows shown on RTN. It's almost 44 years old!

Tron said:
My 1 meter Channel Master is pole-mounted fixed on G-10R. This means I can instantly channel-surf G-10R even when the motorized dish is across the arc from there. Best FTA satellite IMO.

same here :)
36" on G10 permanently....been there for 2 years now :D

where on g10-r are all these cool shows?

I looked at lyngsat, most see encrypted

I have an old 42" mesh dish and Gen Inst rcvr that does c/ku. I'd love to put it up pointed at g10

edit - Transponder 5 looks like the motherlode! :)
Thanks

Now I just have to plant a dish during winter in New England and point it Waaaaaay far west to 123. That is not an easy trick in my neighborhood. It is a forest.

My wife is gonna kill me! :)

Phil

I keep my motored 90cm on G-10 mostly also. I go up north today to pick up my c/ku Bud. That one will stay pointed to G-10 instead and the 90cm will be back to work full time scanning the skies. Can't beat Hogan's 3 times a day.

change
It works pretty good. I have my OTA locals, the US Nets I get on StarChoice, and the FTA channels on G10 all in one easy to read guide :)

Iceberg said:
change
It works pretty good. I have my OTA locals, the US Nets I get on StarChoice, and the FTA channels on G10 all in one easy to read guide :)

With titantv, you can specifiy the channels from all over to make a guide?

Not just the ones by zip code?

I have my 180CM pointed at G10 for Outdoor Channel East/West and all the Ku RTN feeds. It hardly ever moves from that position. :D

I Know Nothing

I also enjoy G-10 and RTN for some of that retro TV... But for Hogans Hero's. It's best in high definition which i receive thru my dish network HD stand alone package on HDNET - 3 times a day (m-f) If anyone is curios (NOT A PLUG) I pay $30 a month for just the hd package (23 CHANNELS). I believe that diretv also offers the HDNET channel. :usa

BTW - Humax launches free to air HD receiver in Europe for about 300 pounds - $525 us. here are 2 links to the story. I hope this is sign of the times (to come) for us in the USA. :flag:

http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2006/02/humax_launches_.html

http://www.idtv.co.uk/ShowNews.php?NewsID=313

Attachments

• IKNOWNOTHING.jpg
    IKNOWNOTHING.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
philhu said:
With titantv, you can specifiy the channels from all over to make a guide?

Not just the ones by zip code?

yep

You put in your address and what I did was say "antenna" which gave me my OTA locals (what they think I should get)
Then you click "add" and add the callsign and channel number that you want it to be. You can label it as their legit channel (like KWTO 2) or what channel it is in your channel list (KWTO 37)

Almost all the G10 English channels will work. KDEV-LP (7th channel in 11799 mux) will not work. It thinks its KDEV (which use to be KKTU ABC on 11720...4th channel)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)