G10R more problems...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
Today I have been having a weak signal on 11720, but do not show anything on 12114 anymore. Has this TP been shut down in the changing of the various signals? Has the programing on this TP moved elsewhere?

working here

12114 V 4444
1st channel is scrambled (Fox)
UPN is still there...Cardinals/Royals game on right now (7:11 CDT)

11720 shows low (30 or so) even on a 36" dish

When I check now, they are there again, stronger than 11720. Still need to re-peak as 11720 is very low. Can't explain why there were not there for me earlier. Dish has not moved.

Hi Larry
You may want to slide your lnb closer to the dish, as far as the holder will let you then readjust the az. I lost 11720 before and did this and the signal jumped up more than double what it was before.
rdel :up

Hello everyone I just joined so this is my first post.

I'm seeing about 30% on 11720V with my Fortec 36", SNH-031 lnb and Pansat 2500a.

I wonder why this transponder is so weak? The other transponders are coming in nice 60 - 90%. At first I thought I was not completely clearing the distant tree line. I just set this stuff all up the other day here at my new house. At my other house I could get G10r at all because of the tree situation.

Sat_addict said:
Hello everyone I just joined so this is my first post.

I'm seeing about 30% on 11720V with my Fortec 36", SNH-031 lnb and Pansat 2500a.

I wonder why this transponder is so weak? The other transponders are coming in nice 60 - 90%. At first I thought I was not completely clearing the distant tree line. I just set this stuff all up the other day here at my new house. At my other house I could get G10r at all because of the tree situation.

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

We always seem to have trouble with this transponder because the transponder is also used by a satellite right next door, pulling the signal down.
If it starts to rain at the up-link center, it gets even worse...........

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=69080

Due to a stronger signal next door on 121 (11724 V) this transponder suffers with the smaller dishes. The cable companies (the indended viewers of these channels) have 10-12 foot (or larger) dishes so there is no interference

I have almost the same setup as what you posted and have the same issues (I have a Pansat 1500, 36" dish and a different lNB and can max at 45 right now with it)

sataddict...is it a fixed dish or a motorized setup?

Iceberg said:
Due to a stronger signal next door on 121 (11724 V) this transponder suffers with the smaller dishes. The cable companies (the indended viewers of these channels) have 10-12 foot (or larger) dishes so there is no interference

I have almost the same setup as what you posted and have the same issues (I have a Pansat 1500, 36" dish and a different lNB and can max at 45 right now with it)

sataddict...is it a fixed dish or a motorized setup?

I have it fixed at G10R - no motor. I am considering a motor just to explore some of the wild feeds again on the other sats. That's how I used my setup at my old house since a tree line blocked G10R. I kept manually moving my dish once I got tired of a sat.

I guess the 121 E9 stronger signal is saturating my lnb amplifiers a bit and lowering the gain or stomping on the G10 signal and creating bit errors which would lower the quality. I was thinking it was a just a weak transponder or something. Makes sense now. I wonder if off-tuning to 11719 a bit would help
providing more rejection.

I went outside before and tweaked it a bit and now up to the mid 40s on 11720. The good news is the picture is locked and there is no macro-blocking. I really like those RTN channels.

Thanks,

Its weaker than usual lately for me here as well on 11720. Marginal at most times. I need to try tweaking the Lnb distance to see if that gains me anything.

One of my jobs this weekend was re-peaking my disk. Tried pushing the dish up/down and left/right as well as moving the LNBF. It might have been very slightly off. After adjusting the dish over and over again, it is now just so slightly better than it was before. Hopefully the power level on this transponder goes back up as I record some shows on this one. (or I may just have to get a bigger dish)

Hi:

I was just on G10R tonight. Signal seems to be a little better then normal dispite the clouds here (yeah.......it's not always sunny in Nova Scotia). Conditions must be good at the transmitter site.
cheers
Bryce

G10 Equity stuff looks like its down except for KWTO

The other 3 TP"s show zero on both 30" and 36" dishes

no storms here in MN...sunny out

Checked Little Rock on weather.com (uplink is there) and no storms there either

It was down for awhile and now it's back up here. Signal is very low on 11720 due to clouds/rain in my area. The others are good.

Very strange. Now the signal on 11720 is peaking up to 50% on my 2500a. The weather hasn't changed much since it was low before (NJ).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)