This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

G10R question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deck402

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2004
I keep reading about all the stuff up on this bird but I am not getting anything but the Outdoor Channel. Do I need cirular polarzation or am I doing something wrong. I have the Pansat 3500 and use the smart scan and on FTA only as dont need the scrambled stuff.

8ft mesh dish, Motorola DSR 922, Pansat 3500

I dont seem to have any better luck getting anything on there from the KU either. I do have good signle strength though

Assuming you're using an 8' mesh dish. You should note that ku is extremely tricky. You may need to bump your dish east or west a tad. Also, on some mesh dishes the holes are too large and ku reception isn't so good. But, since you have good signal strength, I think you just need to bump your dish a little. Also remember signal strength is not what you should be looking for, quality signal is what counts.

Al

I have found the problem as was not getting any switching on the DISEqC switch. I am working on that and doing some research not sure that it is hooked up right.

WD0FNU

Wrong polarity

The Outdoor Channel is C-band, horizontal polarity. You need to be on K-band, vertical polarity.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.