G10R question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deck402

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2004
I keep reading about all the stuff up on this bird but I am not getting anything but the Outdoor Channel. Do I need cirular polarzation or am I doing something wrong. I have the Pansat 3500 and use the smart scan and on FTA only as dont need the scrambled stuff.

8ft mesh dish, Motorola DSR 922, Pansat 3500

I dont seem to have any better luck getting anything on there from the KU either. I do have good signle strength though

Assuming you're using an 8' mesh dish. You should note that ku is extremely tricky. You may need to bump your dish east or west a tad. Also, on some mesh dishes the holes are too large and ku reception isn't so good. But, since you have good signal strength, I think you just need to bump your dish a little. Also remember signal strength is not what you should be looking for, quality signal is what counts.

Al

I have found the problem as was not getting any switching on the DISEqC switch. I am working on that and doing some research not sure that it is hooked up right.

WD0FNU

Wrong polarity

The Outdoor Channel is C-band, horizontal polarity. You need to be on K-band, vertical polarity.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)