G16 reflections from adjacent birds?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvrohunter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Northwest Canada
Hi experts,

I recently had to replace my receiver and LNB from a lighting strike that was very close to home. It cooked the receiver and LNBF. It was a good excuse to update the equipment.

I bought a new receiver but when I hooked it up I wasn't getting any signal. So I bought a PLL Titanium C-band LNBF. I owned the lite version before and it worked well.

My main satellite that I watch is G16. I have a 10' Unimesh dish. I installed the new LNBF yesterday. Just rough installed it to the focal depth. I haven't had time to do the fine tuning on it. I connected it and did a blind scan on the receiver and verified that I am receiving G16 decently. Seeing mostly what I should be.

I understand that 99-101-103 birds are only a few degrees apart. If the LNBF is not fine tuned would that explain why I am seeing channels from 101 on my 99 G16 list? I'm guessing that is because the skew and focal depth might not be optimal is that why I am seeing channels from the adjacent birds? Or is that normal?

Previously my LNBF I believe would do that. I was able to track from 83W - 135W without any issues.

I think the issue you have is related to the LNBF not pointed dead center on the dish giving you side lobe issues. It doesn't have to be off by much at all for problems to arise.

I think the issue you have is related to the LNBF not pointed dead center on the dish giving you side lobe issues. It doesn't have to be off by much at all for problems to arise.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like that is what it is. Previously I believe I had that problem before. I would get channels from an adjacent bird while I was pointed at G16. I'm going to see if I can do some fine turning shortly.

I find it a bit finicky to try and stabilize the LNB in the ring with 3 of the bolts. It takes a bit of effort. It's an old Unimesh dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts