G25 @ 93.1W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vacosta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
KCMO
Just noticed I couldn't pick up Azteca, any one else having issues? Went to Lyngsat and the location of G25 is listed at 93.1W would this sat be moving? I don't recall seeing the .1 there before.

Just noticed I couldn't pick up Azteca, any one else having issues? Went to Lyngsat and the location of G25 is listed at 93.1W would this sat be moving? I don't recall seeing the .1 there before.

Yup they went off at about 625pm local time Pacific..

Well moved the dish with the motor a tad bit west but no dice. Time for a blind scan.

Yes, it's down. I hope it's just temporary. Man, after Univisión went, we have been watching a lot of TV Azteca.

As far as the .1 goes, it has been there for a long time. I have it in my receiver as just 93 and it works fine with the motor and USALS, so I don't think that .1 degree makes a huge difference, specially with the strong signal the TV Azteca transponder had until now.

:(

Yeah, wife is going to miss her soaps. Guess I can use the long weekend to finally put up the C band dish I've been putting off, unless Azteca is gone from the C band side too which would stink.

Azteca mux is back up! Whew, crazy they'd be gone for a couple of hours... hope it's not a sign of things to come but this has happened before and then they went scrambled.

I only had two TPs logged in for this satellite (11.895 H and 11.984 V). I was detecting a signal quality from 11.895, but it was a scrambled channel. The Azteca TP at 11.984 was a dead signal for me.

I decided to blind scan with my AZBox and came up with two EXISTING TPs found and twelve NEW TP's found. Scanning for TV + RADIO with FTA ONLY selected.

The satellite scan following the blind scan located six total channels.

Azteca 7, 13, East and West were all back (but west was just color bar test pattern and tone). The other two chs were a feed and one IP channel.

So, either they just came back on line or they readjusted something. The Azteca chs are still all there.

RADAR

P.S. I see that others have observed the same before I could get my post submitted. Good deal, they are back!

Last edited:
Azteca mux is back up! Whew, crazy they'd be gone for a couple of hours... hope it's not a sign of things to come but this has happened before and then they went scrambled.

Has this happened before with azteca mux?:confused: or always happens with any FTA channel?:(

Has this happened before with azteca mux?:confused: or always happens with any FTA channel?:(

it has, back in 2007 they were gone for months.
This blackout can be a test for the World Cup days away... :eek:

After the 3 hours blackout event...
cleardot.gif
Mostrar forma romanizada
All normal so far? or have continued intermittent faults?:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)