G25 vs G19

toddha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Greetings all,
On this following website, you can compare the footprints of g19 vs g25 KU band. I am guessing this website is showing a computer predicted footprint of the satellite's KU Band:

SatBeams - Satellite Coverage Maps - Sat Footprints

G19 certainly does cover more of north america then g25 did. South: it projects a signal all the way down to Panama. Though it looks like Panama itself is not covered. G25 did not go much past mexico. North: G19 now projects a much stronger signal thruout almost of Alaska. G25 only projected a weak signal over Alaska. Except both G25 and G19 miss most of the Aleutian Islands. G19 now covers almost of Canada's Hudson Bay. G25's coverage stopped at the bay.

G19 puts out a stronger signal across Caribbean island chain.

Its fun to compare g19 against g25. And compare both of them against AMC-4. Which is intended for the USA, Canda, Western Greenland, Mexico and the caribbean. AMC-4 has a much higher ERP. With a maximum of 52-51db.
Compared to G25 which had a maximum of: 48db ; compared to G19 which has a maximum of 48.5db.

The much higher 51-52db ERP of AMC-4 explains why I get higher signal qualities from many of AMC-4 transponders in St Louis, Mo.

Still not sure how 12177 on G25 went from being the strongest transponder to now being the weakest of them all on G19.

*Side Note* IF you look at G19's KU contour. Zoom in on the map to NW South America. It looks like G19's KU beam might be receivable in parts of the nation of Columbia. And a very tiny slice of the coastline of Venezuela.

Do, I, understand correctly that G19 and G25 are two (2) different satellites ? And, that G19 replaced the original coverages of G 25 and added some at the same time ?

When did G19 come on line ?

Tks

Given this , does the Super Buddy have to be updated for G 19 ? It continues to see and recognize G 25.

Did this just last week, on two different jobs for two different providers : Glorystar ,& CCN out of California.

For discussion sake , is it very likely that an object on the Horizon which didn't block G25 may now interfer with G 19 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts