Cant Find G19

agarrett22

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 13, 2010
Terre haute, IN
Hey all. Have spent 3 eveings trying to get my install complete. I currently have the glorystar system with 2lmb's I am aiming for 101W and 97W. Currently I am getting 101W with no issues. Skew is correcet for my location, Everything plum but i just can't seem to get 97W at all. I have seen it twice but then it goes away. any sugestion on what i should try. I have hooked to the single lmb to try to aquire signal. Kinda wondering if i got a bad lmb.

Any ideas whould be great.

Hey all. Have spent 3 eveings trying to get my install complete. I currently have the glorystar system with 2lmb's I am aiming for 101W and 97W. Currently I am getting 101W with no issues. Skew is correcet for my location, Everything plum but i just can't seem to get 97W at all. I have seen it twice but then it goes away. any sugestion on what i should try. I have hooked to the single lmb to try to aquire signal. Kinda wondering if i got a bad lmb.

Any ideas whould be great.

• Did you perform a string test on the dish to verify that it is not warped or bent?
  • If you are on the east coast is the left LNBF lower than the right? If on west coast, is the right LNBF lower than the right?
  • Verify reception of Channel 500 CGN TV on the right side LNBF #1 with direct connection (no switch) between receiver and LNBF.
  • If Channel 500 is 50% Quality or better, physically swap the LNBFs and verify that Channel 500 is still received.
  • If both LNBFs are receiving Channel 500 CGN TV, then you have verified that both LNBFs are working.
  • Place the receiver on Channel 101 TBN and direct connect to left side LNBF #2. Is Channel 101 TBN showing Picture and Quality reading above 50%?
  • If not, slightly bump the dish up/down/left/right to acquire Signal Quality reading. If no Quality reading, then there is a mechanical reason. I.E. Not clear line of sight, warped dish, bracket rotated wrong direction, LNBFs rotated and not the bracket, etc.

Just to let you know. I Got it all working tonight. Swapped the lmb's around and did a little tuning and it all worked. Think i do need to get a new switch but its no big deal for this install because all we are looking for is TBN on gallexy 19.

Just glad to finally get it to work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)