FTA System Purchase Question: Glorystar vs Sadoun System

matheosw

Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Hi,

I am new to FTA satellite. I am considering getting an FTA system mostly for ethnic TV (Galaxy 19 and AMC 4 per channel listings) and Christian channels (mostly listed on Glorystar TV, including Radio channels). I liked the Glorystar package with SD DVR but was also considering SADOUN SATELLITE package with HD DVR. I guess the difference boils down to the LBN they are using Monoblock Duo LNBF vs SLN1) and the rcvr. Which system do you recommend in terms of received signal quality, ease of operation, installation etc ...

Regards
matheos

The Glorystar Dual LNB is very easy to install and preforms well. I have heard the Monoblock does not have the performance of the Glorystar Dual LNB.

With the Monoblock you must aim the dish directly at the Satellite, but the Glorystar Dual LNB needs to be aimed in between Galaxy 19 and AMC 4

Another thing to consider is that Galaxy 19 and AMC 4 have no HD Channels.

I have installed the Glorystar system several times and it is EASY to get up and running. I can not comment on the other system as I have NO experience with it. The dual system from Glorystar is designed for those two satellites and the customer service for that reason is unbeatable

There is very little FTA programing left on AMC4 most of the religious stations have moved to G19, with the exception of a Polish and a Korean channel, all of the Glorystar channels are on G19. There remains the History and Biography channels both of which are good. All of the FTA programing on these two satellites is SD.
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts