galaxy 10 r comes alive for me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joem919

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
myrtle beach
i had 2 installers inform me that a tree was in the way for g10r i spent half the day slowly moveing the dish bye hand back in forth well so far 18 transponders on g10 and i owe all my learning how to use this dish to satellite guys no useing a bird dog or sat meter all done line of sight n strong transponder ( not bad for a rookie lol ) but again ty for all your help

Good going ! The best way to learn is to sit out there at your dish with a small TV and your receiver. Set up a strong tp, and start learning what it's all about. Sure feels good to get the idea that you know what you're doing ! :)

well liveing in a condo does make it kinda tough.i did a blind scan most channels came up and a surpriseingly note im on dish 121 lol go dishnetwork nottt lol

brent do i need another source for the volume on the music channel ??? because i have a great pic just no sound

I think you mean RetroJams on G18 ? If so, the sound is AC3 ( Dolby) and you'll need to come out of your Merc with an optical cable to a home theater receiver, or another device that will decode the dolby audio. Press the Audio button on your remote and see your choices. I suspect that's the deal.
There are a lot of posts with Retrojams audio as their subject , if you search on Retrojams you'll catch them all, and find the cheap headphones that serve to decode the audio quite well.
:)

ok thanks as usual you all hit it on the nose il get brave yet and start to figure out the motor 1 of these days untill then il stick with my eyes inn the sky look

Congratulations.......!

Extra... Extra... Extra....
joem919 hauls in first big one
and It's Alive
this is like riding a bicycle, something you won't ever forget
please stay tuned....
more to come later...

Good Luck joem..!!!!

lol thanks voom voom it just gets more n more fun learning the system and actually seing what we can get now instead of watching .funny though seems like everything on g10 sure loves 21 jump street on sundays

Finding your first is the best when installers say it can't be done. It's so rewarding the moment you get quility, pack up everything on the roof, run down and check out your new channels. Btw, If you don't have a motor yet you can always mark your current settings with a pencil on the dish and everything east of 123.0 should require you raise the dish a bit and rotate it left (if sitting behind the dish).

well update on g 10 im sitting looking at my quility n lever and surprised on how its going im hitting 81 percent lever and 78 percemt quility and then when i switch lnbs i totllay loose single so i stayed with old lnb untill i get my motor hooked up so nice to watch emergency n good old shows

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)