Galaxy 10R - TP 5 reception good - no TP1 reception

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebu22

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 18, 2004
Hi,
I'm able to receive Galaxy 10R programming on TP5. Unfortunately, I'm unable to receive any programming on Galaxy 10R on TP1. Is this a common problem? I'm using a 30" FORTEC dish, coolsat 4000 pro receiver, and a motor (USALS) - Boston area. If I attempt to peak the dish for Galaxy 10R - TP1 should I start with the azimuth or elevation angle. I'm concerned about
changing the dish's setting since all other satellite are being tracked successfully using USALS - maybe small changes in azimuth/elevation would be tolerable.

Thanks - I love this stuff

I have the same problem with mine

cebu22 said:
Hi,
I'm able to receive Galaxy 10R programming on TP5. Unfortunately, I'm unable to receive any programming on Galaxy 10R on TP1. Is this a common problem? I'm using a 30" FORTEC dish, coolsat 4000 pro receiver, and a motor (USALS) - Boston area. If I attempt to peak the dish for Galaxy 10R - TP1 should I start with the azimuth or elevation angle. I'm concerned about
changing the dish's setting since all other satellite are being tracked successfully using USALS - maybe small changes in azimuth/elevation would be tolerable.

Thanks - I love this stuff

If I make the setup peak on TP1 for Galaxy 10R, I won't able to track the arc right and some satellite I can't view. When I get all the satellites, I won't able to get enough signal on TP1 for Galaxy 10R

11719 (TP1) is lower than the rest due to a Dish Network satellite at 121 (there is a 11720 V on 121 too which goofs up the G10 one)

try to tweak it...nudge the dish one click E or W on the receiver and see if that works. Otherwise, you might have to tweak it by hand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts