Please reply by conversation.

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

I am about to take the plunge. What is really on G10r?

I went to lyngsat, and it looks like a bunch of 'locals' are there, but the other channels seem encrypted or missing. I remember talk of some entertainment channels there.

Are they still there?

Cool.

Because I live in a friggin forest, with 6 dishes all over my yard to get 61.5,101,110,119,82,91. I home run them to a huge oak tree in the back yard, where all the switches/etc live.

I cannot do the arc, and G10r I can get from a 7th dish :)

If you had a choice of 1 satellite for FTA, is G10r it?

Yup my FTA Dish is locked on G10R.

A bunch of RTN (Retro TV Network Channels), a few FOX affiliates, a few spanish stations (I dont know spanish but the women sure look good) and the RetroJams Music Channel. :D

I have a fixed dish at G10 for the different programs there.
RTN is like TV land 5 years ago
Retro Jams is a cool music video station. Sometimes they’ll go an hour of great songs and sometimes the songs suck (when I see ABBA I want to shoot my TV) :D

There are a couple stations that carry sports on there. There are some MLB teams on there (Rangers, Astros, Cards, Royals on a couple stations. WNGS in Buffalo NY has Mets, Yanks & Indians games)

Also helps with timeshifting (depending on location)

Speaking of Galaxy 10R, yesterday I tuned it in for the fist time with my FTA setup. While I was using USALS and was able to get excellent singal quality on adjacent satellites (Satmex 5 & Horizons 1), I wasn't able to get the SQ much above 15 - 20 on G10R. I even tried switching to 1.2 and nudging the dish a little in each direction, but unfortunately with no SQ improvement. That said, is G10R notorious for poor SQ, or is it more likely a problem with my setup?

If you aren't into sports backhauls, then yes, G10 would be the bird. If you are into sports backhauls, I'd choose SBS 6

G10 a couple of the TP's have lower quality but you still should get them in. I get them with my 30" dish just fine

G - 10 is the bread and butter of regular free to air viewing around my household. between upn, fox, abc, and RTN my fave. it has something for everyone. With a motor is it just a short jump to T-7 and White Springs TV (formerly starnetwork) where you can catch old movies. I mean Old movies. But that is all that is on the sat free and clear.

For my 2 cents worth, yeah, you don't get cbs or nbc currently on g10r (one
of my two fixed dishes points at g10r) BUT you have Spanish and American music channels, WB, Upn, previously mentioned RTN, 2 other Spanish networks,
ABC (mt. time zone) and Fox, and Pentagon and few other public interest channels.
This would cost mucho dinero on the Dish network to get these...

I wish I could get g10r. Right now T5 and amc3 are my main sats. It getting hard to find someone to trim a tree in florida. Everyone wants it done since its now hurrican season.

what the heck is going on with g10r

Some channels seem to have gone black with no frequency... including tubetv... not sure if it's just me or if it's really a lost signal on the bird. WPXS and several other retro tv stations are still there. About half of the others that I had disappeared. Don't have a list in front of me right now since I forgot to write it down and am not at home at the moment.

Wwwinfowarscom said:
Any NFL games from various markets being broadcast on FOX over on G10?

Any Green Bay affiliates?

yes and nope

Right now there are 2 Fox affiliates (one on G10 and one on AMC4) which are from Marquette, MI & Beaumont, TX

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)