Galaxy 14 at 125.0°W Music choice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildbill47

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
northern California
Has Music Choice switched to DVB ? Lynsat shows on 4140 V tp 22C 30000-3/4 8PSK but my open box z5 has 8psk but when I scan get nothing. Noticed 3895 V tp 10 on 4DTV is gone ? Anyone receiving tp 22 and what receiver ?

The 4DTV signal is gone. The new signal is DVB-S2 8PSK, but in ACM/VCM mode, so the parameters are constantly changing. Most STBs are unable to tune in a signal that uses ACM/VCM, but computer tuners generally can with the proper software.

The headends are using the Arris DSR-6050. The swap has nothing to do with DC2 cost. Moving away from aging MPEG2 gear and inefficient codecs, the new format allows for more efficient bandwidth usage (more channels, increased video/audio quality in reduced bandwidth).

I did a search and the pc cards are $250 and a receiver is $650 too rich for me. will listen to DMX music. Interesting about saving money by changing technologies. Know a PBS Washington dc tech and they changed to H264 Mpeg4 for that reason too. Titanium you help has really appreciated as it gave me the info to do further research. From what I just read takes a strong signal at receiving station to make it work that may exclude home dishes from reception.

Good news for GEOSATpro HDVR3500 owners -- it is able to receive Music Choice! :clapping

I thought the HDVR3500 didn't do ACM/VCM, so I re-scanned it with my TBS6983 tuner card and Music Choice is still listed as ACM.

Can anyone else with an HDVR3500 confirm this?

Reactions: lost_mesa
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts