Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- Apr. 5 update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shame about AD Sports, had some good programming on it.

On another note, the weirdest programming I have seen yet on 97W has to be on PNG, which is showing "The Walking Dead" (dubbed, not subtitled)! Now I know PNG is an American channel, but it is also broadcast to Iran/Middle East on Yahsat 1A (52.5E). Naturally, I would assume this programming is geared for their North American viewers, rather than those in Iran!

Yep, I agree that PNG has lots of cool stuff (and Gem TV, too), but like you, I guess the target audience would be the Iranian ex-pat community here in North America, and this in turn makes a great way to rebroadcast those U.S. programs by satellite into the Middle East :) I would love to see them go subtitles instead of dubbing -- and not just because I would be able to understand them and enjoy them. Usually, people prefer it (I remember when Ebru TV showed a lot of German movies dubbed into English; it just wasn't the same. iFilm English does an ok job with the extra music and sound effects and native speakers, but it still loses something).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)