Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- July 14 update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hello northgeorgia / thanks for the post but couldn't open up attch!!? Could you give more info on the philipino channel Thks:)

Wow. Less than 24 hours and already outdated again. Well, I think for now, everyone can tell what's going on. Hopefully, I can do another update within a week. The Dubai Holy Quran Awards are an annual event aired on this satellite during Ramadan (you may have noticed altered programming on Kuwait Ch. 2, too). I believe there are two weeks left in Ramadan, just FYI. Looks like a few new channels are preparing to come on the air. One religious, one ethnic. Stay tuned ;)

I wonder if JN1/Ukranian news 1 will be back.

My bets are no. The last "breaking news story" on Ukranian News 1's website was dated the 10th of June. JN1: 22nd of April. I can't recall where I read it (maybe from someone's post on this forum), but apparently the Ukrainian oligarch who started JN1 quickly decided during the Crimea crisis to shut down the network and rename it UN1, much to the shock of the fired JN1 reporters and staff. AJE isn't much of a competition anymore, now that they put most of their eggs into A.J. America. And the Ukrainian crisis has cooled quite a bit at the moment. Unless either of those situations change in the near future, I wouldn't imagine he would want to restart either network.

Reactions: FaT Air
My bets are no. The last "breaking news story" on Ukranian News 1's website was dated the 10th of June. JN1: 22nd of April. I can't recall where I read it (maybe from someone's post on this forum), but apparently the Ukrainian oligarch who started JN1 quickly decided during the Crimea crisis to shut down the network and rename it UN1, much to the shock of the fired JN1 reporters and staff. AJE isn't much of a competition anymore, now that they put most of their eggs into A.J. America. And the Ukrainian crisis has cooled quite a bit at the moment. Unless either of those situations change in the near future, I wouldn't imagine he would want to restart either network.
Yep, I remember reading that.
Even though AJE is basically out of the picture (completely in the US) and at least from FTA on the Americas, and maybe is not much competition for the Israeli and Jewish side of news, I still need that side of the story.
I´ve been watchign Press TV and Al Etejah, and is good that we have those channels FTA, but for me it would be great if we could have I24News (Israel 24 news) on G19 Ku.
I24news is already FTA in other parts of the world in English, French and Arabic, but it would be a nice addition to the G19 line up.

Reactions: northgeorgia
Yep, I remember reading that.
Even though AJE is basically out of the picture (completely in the US) and at least from FTA on the Americas, and maybe is not much competition for the Israeli and Jewish side of news, I still need that side of the story.
I´ve been watchign Press TV and Al Etejah, and is good that we have those channels FTA, but for me it would be great if we could have I24News (Israel 24 news) on G19 Ku.
I24news is already FTA in other parts of the world in English, French and Arabic, but it would be a nice addition to the G19 line up.

I don't remember what time it was on but Shalom TV on G16 shows some news programming. It is more like a local channel where you get morning, lunch and evening news rather than 24 hours but it something from that region that is presenting a different view.

I don't remember what time it was on but Shalom TV on G16 shows some news programming. It is more like a local channel where you get morning, lunch and evening news rather than 24 hours but it something from that region that is presenting a different view.

Maybe Israel´s channel 2 ? , I think I saw that one on some feed a while ago, but on 30w, it´s been a while though, that one I haven´t seen more,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)