Galaxy 19 (97W) - Russia Today - no sound

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satpete

Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Ramona, Ontario
Hi All:
This is my first post to this forum, so bear with me.
I have a Sonic View SV-360 Premium FTA receiver. All has been working well for the past 4 months I've had it.
Over the past week however, I have noticed the sound on Russia Today (RT) on both 12152 and 12153 has been on and off, mostly off. I thought it was my unit, but other channels on 12152 and 12153 have been great.
Iceberg, you're such a knowledgable guy that I thought maybe you may have noticed the same thing.
Has anyone else noticed this sound thing on RT? Of course, maybe I'm only one of very few who actually watch that channel (LOL)!
Any replies may be of help to me.
Thanks and Y'all take care.
Satpete (Just-a-guy from Central Ontario, Canada)

I was watching it about an hour ago and the audio was fine then. I don't watch it on a regular basis, but just happened to stop in on it for a half hour or so.

- Trip

I'm getting the sound just fine. I suggest you rescan the transponder. Maybe that will help . [edit] By the way, there is only one tp involved 12152 H 20000 . It's normal for a receiver to scan in a tp at a slightly different Frequency and Symbol rate, that's not a real problem. We pretty much know what other people are talking about.
:)

Thanks to all you guys. Sure appreciate the quick replies. I had to do a delete 12152 and then enter again manually, then do a transponder scan - started working fine again. Not all that pleased with the SV-360 - had a few of these instances on various channels. My old Pansat 2500A seemed more stable.
Thanks again.
Satpete (Just-a-guy from Central Ontario)

How many satellites do you have scanned/programmed in?

It could be a memory issue which that receiver does not have a lot to start with,

Go thru your satellite list and delete any satellites that you will never use, this will free up some memory,

You can also delete any channels you will never use, like encrypted ones for example,

Hi Mike:
I only have Galaxy 19 and AMC 21 onboard using 2 separate dishes and a diseqc-switch (port 1 & port 2). However, I did a blind scan for each and then deleted all the channels that I do not use, leaving me with 60 channels. Has been good for 2 days straight with no problems. I did find that it has something to do with using the Favorites function. When I use it, then the problems occur - which would lead me to think you are correct about memory limitations.

Again, thank you to all of you with your feedback. I just hope that I can return the favor someday.

Satpete (Just-a-guy from Central Ontario)

hhhmmmm....if you only have the two satellites scanned in then it should not be a memory issue....i was assuming you had alot more scanned in....

even if he had only 2 sats programmed in if the 2500 did a bunch of blind scans previously you can still have transponder overload. My 1500 has 5 or 6 channels programmed in but the transponder list in the unit is bogged down from many scans and only deleting the channels causes this too.

I would go through the menu and remove all but 1 transponder on satellites you dont use. That usually fixes it

even if he had only 2 sats programmed in if the 2500 did a bunch of blind scans previously you can still have transponder overload. My 1500 has 5 or 6 channels programmed in but the transponder list in the unit is bogged down from many scans and only deleting the channels causes this too.

I would go through the menu and remove all but 1 transponder on satellites you dont use. That usually fixes it
And after all is cleared out, make sure to do a power cycle. The memory is not contiguous again, until the next boot . Same problems with all the older receivers. Their memory is pretty limited. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts