Galaxy 19 on a 24 inch dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NMoon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
Brownsburg Indiana
According to the eBay seller I got the dish from that is possible but thus far with my mount even in the best case situation I can provide absolutely NONE of the transponders are locking. Honestly this falls into the category of "I'll believe it when I see it" and thus far I am not seeing it.

I have a couple other LNBs with a higher IF compared to this one so those will be tried next. Unfortunately I have an overhang I can do nothing about near where the dish is so that could be part of the problem. The cable I have is RG-6 quad shielded swept to 3 GHz which I have used for satellite TV (Dish Network) in the past with no trouble at all.

Go to dishpointer.com and put in your address.
Then select G19 and it will tell you at what elevation to set your dish.
You also need to set your skew on your LNBF it will also give you that info.
Are you using a Linear LNBF? A circular LNBF like for DISH will not work.
You also need to make sure there are known active transponders in your receiver. You can go to lyngsat.com for that info or look in "The List" above.

Go to dishpointer.com and put in your address.
Then select G19 and it will tell you at what elevation to set your dish.
You also need to set your skew on your LNBF it will also give you that info.
Are you using a Linear LNBF? A circular LNBF like for DISH will not work.
You also need to make sure there are known active transponders in your receiver. You can go to lyngsat.com for that info or look in "The List" above.

I am using a dual polarization LNB that also works for circular polarization. A bit odd but that was one of three I got with the dish so it seems that maybe it really is not stable enough. There are active transponders in my receiver according to the list posted here and according to Lyngsat.

What do you have your Local Oscillator(LO) set at in your receiver?.....also what is the number stamped on the LNBF?
Common is 10750 MHz but there are others.

The IF is 10.75 GHz for the LNB and the receiver is set accordingly. Also set for the correct polarization based on the various transponders.

I am guessing its an Invacom. If it is watch out as its heavy and could pull down the arm on the DISH and throw the dish out of alignment. I had to bend the arm on mine to make up for the weight of the LNB but it worked. :D

The LNB I have is a Digiwave, a sort of no name one that came with the dish when I got it. This one is supposed to be linear and circular polarity but I don't see anything that suggests linear polarity from the reception.

Need more LNBF information. Model? How many output connections? Are the connections labeled "C" or "L"? Maybe a photo of the LNBF?

Receiving G19 with a 24" dish will be a challenge. Too small to reliably receive all of the transponders unless everything is aligned perfectly.

The model of the LNB is a Digiwave DGL-1189S and it has two output connections. The box says it has circular and linear polarization which I am doubting at this point.

Weird, I have an LNBF for 118/119, its circular but 10750 LO only.
Never seen one being universal.
I wonder if it can be used for the ITC channel on those birds?
There are a few good ITC channels there.

Is there a skew adjustment available on the dish. (rotate it CW, CCW) ?
Set your LNB type to Universal, (22khz should 'gray' out.= auto select)
Or LNB type to Standard, L.O. = 10600 and 22khz set to ON.
???? How about some pictures of the dish, front, side, back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)