Galaxy 19, Transponder 11898 V 22000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Subic

Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Pittsburgh
WorldTV moved several FTA channels to different transponders late last year and now I cannot receive any channels on 11898 V 22000. I could receive channels on 11898 before WorldTV made the changes. When I scan 11898, I get no signal. Rest of Galaxy 19 FTA, 190+ channels, are received with no problem. Contacted WorldTV, they stated they are transmitting on 11898. It is possible I can receive all other transponders on Galaxy 19 and not 11898? Thanks

:welcome to Satguys!!

I just did a scan on that TP and got 10 channels most of which look to be Arabic. But yeah, there's channels there all right.

Thanks for verifying WorldTV is transmitting on TP 11898. How can a TP I was receiving days ago show no signal now? And the other ~ 20 TP's are being received. I have a Pansat 4500 receiver. TP 11898 is preprogrammed and when I scan it, it shows no channels. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with how those 4500 receivers work but I do remember the 3500 having a blind scan capability. You "may" need to delete that TP and do a blind scan to see if it shows up that way. Maybe someone else has had some experience with that model and will chime in.

Lone Gunman, thanks for the idea. I will try to delete TP 11898 and rescan. I thought the TP's were preprogrammed. When I select Galaxy 19, 26 different TP's are listed, including the 11898 that I cannot receive. TP 11898 shows no signal strength. I need to get this fixed soon, these are the only channels my wife watches!

Is it possible that the dish has moved? A mis-aligned dish can favor strong TPs and not receive weaker ones.

Thanks again for the ideas. I was wondering if this would lead to an alignment or signal issue. The thing that is baffling me is the other TP's have excellent level/quality, 90's & 80's. Also, out of the Galaxy 19, 26 TP's, 4 out of the 5 that I can not receive are serviced by World TV. Too cold to go on the roof to check the alignment! The wife will have to live without her channels until it warms up. Any other ideas out there? Thanks.

And check the Galaxy 19 spreadsheet channel guide that I update on the forum every week or so. There is a column with the active transponders listed :)

Thanks again, every current list states the TP is transmitting, 2 members have verified they are receiving the TP and the provider, WorldTV, has told me the TP is transmitting. From all of my indications, it appears the TP is not transmitting! I have tried multi blind scans and manually entering the TP with no change. I'm baffled that I'm having a reception issue with so many other TP's working.....

I have had that same issue with 12152 H 20000 . All transponders have good signal and not a peep from that one. And it's totally a dish alignment problem. Yes I can verify it happens.

Can also verify that it could be the dish is just a 'tad' off. Common problem here with the 30 inch Channel Master. If TP's are 'missing' I have to bump a bit E or W. The strong ones seem to always be strong. Just miss' the weaker from time to time.

No Signal on Galaxy 19

I have no signal on Galaxy 19 several days ago. I am in Ontario Canada.

Yesterday, I came out to check my 36" satelite disk using my Satlink (electronic satelite finder). Autoscan of Satlink found 13 TV channel at the current position of the disk. No improvment by moving the disk around to find better signal.

As autoscan found some TV channels, I believe that my disk position is OK. And with this thread, I found that I am not alone thus this satelite must have problem. Signal might be too weak to reach Canada???

galaxy-19-coverage.jpg

Galaxy 19 Ku-band has one of the best coverage footprints in North America, including most of Canada.

I drilled a hole through the disk holder when the disk was well aligned. This hole is drilled trough the up/down plate, left/right holder and the stand pipe. The holes of the plate, holder and stand pipe are still well aligned. I did try to find better new position by moving the disk around (up/down and lef/right) to find better signal but cannot find better signal using my Satlink! As the autoscan can find some TV and radio channels, my LNB must still working well. So what else can I do?

Anyway, I have to wait for another warm day to try it again if something else I can do. May be I can try blind scan today.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)