Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTAFTA

Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
Galaxy 19 is suppose to launch sometime this month and I heard it is replacing the Galaxy 25(Intelesat 5). I heard Galaxy 19 will have stronger signal, so my question is how big of a dish is required? Thanks

it will probably allow a 76cm to be sufficient again. There are some weak transponders on G25 with a 76cm and hopefully the new sat fixes that :)

It will still require at least a 30" dish. It will be more powerful than g25 currently is but about the same strength g25 was when is was new about 10-15 years ago.

There is a max rating a sat can put out and not interfere with sats 2 degrees on ethier side. Circular sats put out many times the power as linears can but thats because they are limited to 9 degrees apart not 2. Thats why circular sats can use a 18" dish.

The Sea Launch vessels have departed Sea Launch Home Port and are now on their way to the Equator for the launch of Intelsat's Galaxy 19 satellite, on September 23. Liftoff is planned for 2:28am Pacific Daylight Time (9:28 GMT), at the opening of a two-hour launch window.

Any word yet on what satellite the launch feed can be viewed on? Last time it was G-26, but since that bird is crippled, I doubt they'll use it this time.

Does anyone know what happens to G25 when G19 takes over?

G10R and G25, we will miss you. They should get a service medal before being de-orbited or whatever. ;)

Does anyone know what happens to G25 when G19 takes over?

G10R and G25, we will miss you. They should get a service medal before being de-orbited or whatever. ;)

Why?????

G10R didn't serve a full life and G25 is not going out of service when G19 takes over.

Any word yet on what satellite the launch feed can be viewed on? Last time it was G-26, but since that bird is crippled, I doubt they'll use it this time.

I don't think the satellite coords have been released yet.

The internet stream can be found here:

Sea Launch Webcast

(put it together and paste if this forum split up the URL above)

I hope the C-band side gets better. The one channel I want on G25 (AMGTV) the signal fluxuates greatly here in Minnesota

when (key word is when) it comes in, it registers a 30-32 on the 6 footer but the dish can sit there all day and then the signal goes kaput and cant get it back (usually when I want it for wrestling)

I hope the C-band side gets better. The one channel I want on G25 (AMGTV) the signal fluxuates greatly here in Minnesota

the c-band power output will be quite a bit better, but I still wouldn't expect miracles when you are using a undersized reflector for c-band.

AMG TV is perfect on a 10' dish for me.

then it shuld be fine :)

When it was on G26 (before it blew up) I had AMGTV at 45 quality
when it moved to G28 it skyrocketed to 90+
now that its on G25 it went in the crapper. It worked fine for a while but the satellite probably shifted and then the signal goes kaput.

I don't expect miracles (as you put it) but I can get 99% of the channels up there that are on C-band with the 6 footer :)

then it shuld be fine :)

your problem probably is when occ feeds come up on G3C/C4 or BVI on Galaxy 16, you lose AMG due to co-sat interference on your small dish.

I don't know if the 25 watts extra power from G19 is going to help you out with the co-sat interference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.