galaxy 19..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BEATLE

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
FL
hi ..i'm new here ...i have a viewsat 2000 ultra motorized dish ...at one time i had galaxy 19 ...somehow i lost it and all the channels...when i move the dish ...i get a satellite signal but how do i know what satellite i have ..it doesnt tell me ...if someone could get me back on track ..i'd appreciate it ...i miss the russia today channel ...thanks.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us! You will find many here that will help with your problems/questions.
Well, what I do to check where I am pointed without going out to the dish is to see what Lyngsat has listed for what is on that sat. Then scan and see if I find enough of the stations. The pros more than likely have a better plan, but mine works.
Enjoy!

i go as far west as i can ...then i set the receiver up to scan as i move the dish from the farthest west position to move easst ...when i come to my first sat that shows a signal ...i stop and then scan ...and it seems like its downloading canadian channels....i just want to find galaxy 19 ...i deleted it sometime back by accident and now i have a hard time finding it..how would i know if i'm on gal 19 or not? ...any help as to what i should do would be appreciated ...thanks

what signal are you searching for? russia today is on 12151 H 20000. i know canadian channels are on c band but don't know about any on k band. charlie

hi ..i'm new here ...i have a viewsat 2000 ultra motorized dish ...at one time i had galaxy 19 ...somehow i lost it and all the channels...when i move the dish ...i get a satellite signal but how do i know what satellite i have ..it doesnt tell me ...if someone could get me back on track ..i'd appreciate it ...i miss the russia today channel ...thanks.

Your STB doesn't know where it is pointed unelss you tell it. As suggested you often have to look at where you think you are pointed and see what channels you can get (if any at all), then looking it up on a channel list. And if you do get a sat, your dish set up will determine if you can get any others. If you only want a sinlge sat, get rid of the motor and go fixed dish.

Not sure there is any other great method to do this with a motor without some expensive equipment most of us don't have. First I have made sure my dish is set up properly, mast upright etc.. Then I ensure my due south reference is set for the motor and dish elevation is correct for the sat belt so the motor arc will work correctly. Then I pick a TP I know is strong and active for the sat I want and move my dish using the motor control to where it should be. After some hunting and maybe dish tweaking I hope to hit what I am looking for. If I can get two sats wokring as a reference the rest should just fall into place. This all assumes the dish is set up correctly in the first place, otherwise really hard to get anything.

viewsat 2000 ultra & a motorized dish. Is G 19 in your satellite list? Is the position programmed correctly. Are operational transponders programmed in order to watch for "Q"? Are you using USALS to move the dish? Do Any of your programmed satellites work? Just trying to figure out what's where in your setup.

you're probably getting Expressvu channels from 82 or 91. move the dish west manually using diseqc using "User" under motor menu. make sure you're tuned to 12152. Galaxy 19 is one of the few satellites that identifies itself at the top of the screen once you find it.

does anyone know the settings for galaxy 19?...thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions so far

i had my v/s ultra programmed to galaxy 19 before but..i was playing around with it one day and accidently deleted the satellite and its channels..i have a motorized dish ..so i'm thinking if i move it ...i'll eventually find it ..but how would i know if i found it...???

what signal are you searching for? russia today is on 12151 H 20000. i know canadian channels are on c band but don't know about any on k band. charlie

Chas has provided a transponder frequency, 12151, the polarity, H, and the Symbol Rate, 20000 of a known signal on Galaxy 19. If you deleted the satellite, go in to your antenna menu, press one of the colored buttons, the one that corresponds with add sat would be great, and add Galaxy 19.

If all you want to do is find G19 and forget about any others, do a Factory Defaults in the menu and it will load the factory defaults. you can then select Galaxy 19, go to channel scan, add the transponder information, leave the FEC at auto since it wasn't provided. then using Diseqc motor control, move the dish east or west slowly until you get signal quality on that transponder.

The Viewsat isn't that hard to use.

on my list of satellites..i have galaxy 19 ....and galaxy 19c...both at 360.0 west...i thought galaxy 19 was at 97.0 west....and what settings should i use to know if i move the dish that i'll be on galaxy 19...thanks

Suggest you do all this set up manually as suggested and ignore all prior sat or TP lists and settings... While easy to use, the VS can be crappy for setting up true FTA using the defaults, especially if it had a previous life with third party firmware. VS was not realy intended for this hobby works well and easy to use but not an FTAer dream. If it was like this, you may want to google for the original factory firmware and reflash it. It looks like the first step is to get familiar with your menus and settings so you can see where to enter the previously given data. For using things like USALS you will have to give location data (again find this on the menus).

i just did a factory default and now i cant find anything ...i use to be good at this but that was yrs ago i had the big 10 ft dish back then when everything wasd free...i just started playing with it again in the last 2 weeks ..and its so frustrating ..

I am currently working on a 1.8m fixed prodelin with my VS. I can get signal lock, but it isn't telling me what sat I am looking at. Like it was said earlier, this box is easy to use, but not the best for FTA or blind scanning. I am also trying to hit 97, but hitting everything east and west of it. The prodelin pulls signals in too well for this type of tuning.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)