Galaxy 25 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

busta3396

Jun 11, 2007
The past month or so my signal with galaxy 25 has been off and on, I would get it for a few days then it would go, However recently its been off fore 2 weeks and when I tried to realign the dish I am not getting anything, I have gotten 47% max on signal level but my quality level is 0, I have a 30in dish with a bev express lnbf, whats going on? is it just me, some hardware problem perhaps, or did something change with this satelite.

That satellite has been fine for me. Possibly you have a cable problem going from inside the house to the dish. Are you able to bring the receiver outside and using a direct coax cable hook the receiver to the LNB to see if that helps? I'm guessing that you either have a bad LNB, or a bad cable, or even worse a problem with the receiver. Let's hope that it is just a coax cable issue.

Isn't the Bev LNB you are using circular polarization? G25 is linear, sometimes you can get a signal on the wrong LNB - most of the time not.
Bob

The old ExpressVu LNB's are linear (EVu was linear at one point originally)

I assume the LNB says "Dish Network Canada" on it? Those LNB's are a good 7+ years old so it may be dying

Ya its one of those made in canada ones, you know it may be worth it to get another lnbf If I cant endup fixing the issue, unfortunantly I dont have another linear lnbf to verify that this is the problem but still, what do you all recommend as far as the good ku linear lnbf to replace this one with, thanks alot I appreciate the info.

Hey I got a new lnbf with .5 db noise figure, and it works just fine. I am currently connected to galaxy 25, however my signal levels are very low, most channels are around 10%. And guess what my old dish network canada lnbf works just fine and turns out it gets the same signal the new one does. Im telling you guys something is up with this satellite, I am pretty sure someone lowered the power setting, I just dont think a 30" dish will get all the tps anymore. Because I am getting every tp except for one, but regardless I used to get these channel at around 70 % now its down to 10% and I have been adjusting the satellite forever, I though the reciever or cable was broker in the first place but now its clear that the satellite is just plain harder to get. Perhaps its not a problem to you guys because you are more inland? Im not sure, has anyone noticed this change in the past couple months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)