Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Galaxy 25 Transponder1 & 23 Anomaly - 9.26.2008

Today Galaxy 25, transponders 1 and 23 have experienced an anomaly and services are being relocated.

The following services are affected:

TP1:
Suroyo TV
Rang-A-Rang TV
Supreme Master TV
Vision Heaven
Gospel Broadcasting Network
Tristit TV USA
Tolo TV International
Alanwar TV
Didar Global TV
RTA
Radio Tondar
VBS Radio
Radio Nueva Vida
Accent Radio Network
American Liberty Radio

TP23:
VBS
Impact TV Network
E2 Channel
Horizon Armenian TV
ITC
Safe TV (USA)
LoveWorld
AMGA
Ten TV
The Spirit Word Channel
News 1
The University Network
Cornerstone TV
Ezraweb Radio
The Edge
Access America
Radio Cristo Vive

Last edited:
Noticed that there were a whole bunch of missing channels early this morning on Tp 11716 starting with Suroyo TV as well as other Tp's. Does anyone know is this means we will have to rescan on G25, OR are these channels and Tp's being relocated to another Satellite??

9.26.2008 1:15pm PST

Update

The anomaly has been isolated and corrective steps have been taken. The channels could be operational again on the current transponders.

It was an uplinker related issue, huh? PIT having uplink issues?

It seems harder for me to think it was a sat-related anomaly based on only two transponders failing unless it's just coincidence two TWTAs failed instead of one and Intelsat switched in a pair of spare ones to restore service.

I'm seeing no activity on Transponders 1 and 23 at this time. I guess it hasn't been fixed yet.

It is our understanding that the issues are related to the satellite hardware. Additional transponders were initially involved. Corrective measures were taken and the two transponders should also be returned to service. No measures were being taken this afternoon to relocate the channels carried by the two affected uplink services.

Galaxy 19 may be brought into service sooner than originally planned. Mid October?

QUOTE=skysurfer;1531366]It was an uplinker related issue, huh? PIT having uplink issues?

It seems harder for me to think it was a sat-related anomaly based on only two transponders failing unless it's just coincidence two TWTAs failed instead of one and Intelsat switched in a pair of spare ones to restore service.
[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing no activity on Transponders 1 and 23 at this time. I guess it hasn't been fixed yet.

yep, stilll not fixed since I just checked it.

It's very interesting thing, tho. Transponder 1 has a wideband signal on it, reminding me of an incident 3-4 months ago. 3-4 months ago I was locked onto the transponder 1 mux to document the services on it. All of a sudden I got a "no signal" and when I looked at it with a spectrum analzyer to figure out what was going on, there was a wideband signal. About 45 minutes later, the wideband signal went away and the mux returned.
So who knows if the uplinker has issues with their uplink gear from time to time or if transponder 1's electronics are problematic.

Transponder 23 tonight is totally dead (no wideband signal or any other carrier there).

hey guys thanks for the updates.Do u know when all th chs will be moved to G19? i have a 36in dish with linear lnb. is that capabale with G19. Also do i have to load in new sat file to my receiver, or just blind scan 97w. thanks.

hey guys thanks for the updates.Do u know when all th chs will be moved to G19?

I'm guessing about November 1st since there is no emergency to get Galaxy 19 tested and into service by then.

the transponders should more or less be the same since the G19 layout is almost identical to Galaxy 25.

Long term power management is currently the issue with bringing up 12115.

Hopefully, tomorrow we know more about the status of bringing up the TP.

Galaxy 19 may be slid into position within 2 - 3 weeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)