Galaxy 25 Troubles

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, you have two possiblities that is causing a weak signal. the dish elevation is incorrect, either to high or to low. A quick check to verify which way its off is by pulling gently down on the dish while watching the signal levels then adjust the dish accordingly.(towards the direction that gives the best signal) The other possibility is the azmuith is off, which is left to right movements. A quick check is using the fine tuning menu in the receivers menu positioner settings / USALS.

You cannot use the USALS screen to make fine left to right movements of the dish. That is the DiSEqC 1.2 menu that allows that.

actually you can on USALS. Just change the satellite location

On my Pansat 9200 I only have X amount of Diseqc 1.2 satellite motor spots so when I have to move to a DBS satellite for the few free channels, I say "USALS 114.0" for 119 (the DBS LNB is off by 5 degrees)

Yeah, you could do that too. I hadn't thought of that. I suppose you could lie to the box about your longitude too, but, since this is a newbie, I was thinking that using the DiSEqC 1.2 menu to "bump" the dish east and west would be easier to understand and do.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts