Galaxy 28 Epic Fail

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BananaFace

Original poster
Mar 4, 2015
Bronx,New York
So I have been trying for the past couple of days to locate Galaxy 28 at 89.0°W in specific the CBS feeds there but just can’t seem to find it. I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I managed to get a lock on Galaxy 17 at 91.0°W The Word Network (even though it is supposedly out of my footpath) and using that as my guide to get myself positioned to Galaxy 28 at 89.0°W but I either go way too far pass 89W or manage to end up back to 91W.

I noticed on Lyngsat that there are some other CBS feeds at Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W and I was able to get the ABC Feeds on Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W (even though it is supposedly out of my footpath) I could could use it as my guide to get to 97W.

This has gotten me quite puzzled Galaxy 28 at 89.0°W is more in my footpath than all the others but is the most difficult to get.

Maybe I am doing something wrong any advice would be great please and thank you ever so much.

Dish: 16 feet Mesh

Receiver: AzBox miniMe American Edition.

Thanks in Advance.

I don't know if this transponder is hot all the time or not, but it is how I located 89W:

4005/V/6111

That was the end of last week and at that time none of the CBS feeds were active. That is assuming that Lyngsat data is still valid for that satellite.

There are several other things available on 97W, so maybe you should try to locate that satellite and hunt the feeds you are looking for there. I have been watching 4080/V/29856 there.

Good luck on your hunt.

3860/H/30000 [SBN], is up all the time, but kinda weak for me here, 60% Q on my MicroHD.

3880/V/32362 [The CW] isn't up all of the time, when it is up the Q is good, around 75%.

3900/H/29859 has good Q of 75-80%, [one set of the CBS feeds] but has no watchable picture for me because it's 422 and my receiver can't decode that.

Those are the only transponders I find on 89W C band. If you're wanting to directly view the CBS feeds there, your receiver will need to be able to handle the 422 format. I'm in North America, I don't know how these will be from your location in Trinidad! Like Bpalone suggested, 97 and 99W have much more on them, if you can pull them in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)