Can't lock to Galaxy 28

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pookah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
USA
Few days ago I had a lock on 4005 V but since I am not able to get a lock on any tp. I get a strong signal on 91W and from there I try to locate G28 which is just 2 degrees away.

Does anyone know a strong transponder on that satellite so I can attempt again? I'm am close to Buffalo, 6ft mesh with Norsat 3220 LNB.

pookah,

4005 V is CBN and it only broadcasts part of the day, which I found to be in the AM ending right around 12 noon. For me this signal isn't very strong averaging 44-50%. However that's the transponder I initially used to find this sat.
3860 H was a very strong transponder for me at one time averaging 72-75%, but since it scrambled, I just get occasional flashes of signal to 74%.
BTW...there isn't too much to view on this satellite.

John

pookah,

4005 V is CBN and it only broadcasts part of the day, which I found to be in the AM ending right around 12 noon. For me this signal isn't very strong averaging 44-50%. However that's the transponder I initially used to find this sat.
3860 H was a very strong transponder for me at one time averaging 72-75%, but since it scrambled, I just get occasional flashes of signal to 74%.
BTW...there isn't too much to view on this satellite.

John

I'm getting CBN with 85/82 signal on 4005 V 6111 3/4. It also scanned in Event-TV ($) and 2 PPV channels at 3860 H 30000. There are also come CBS HD channels on 3880 V 29861, but right now, the signal is up and down and won't lock those channels. :) Other than that, there isn't much on that satellite.

6ft dish is tricky on g28 for any feeds with ses 2 and g17. You really need the bigger dish :).

Sent from my VS995 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)