Galaxy Tab sales and returns

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Thanks for the info. When I read that the return rate was 16% I was surprised since most postings I've read about the Galaxy have been generally positive.

And for the record, I don't think the source for the misinformation would be Apple as Apple is still making the bulk of the profits in this part of the market. Well, actually they are making the bulk of the profit in all markets they choose to be in... :)

I don't think the source for the misinformation would be Apple...
How about "Apple sympathizers"...:)

Just to stick to the factual side of things:
Apple introduced three product (classes) over the last 10 years: iPod, iPhone and iPad.

The first -iPod - gained dominating market share and never lost it.
The second - iPhone - started facing serious competition 3 years after introduction (2007-2010).
The third - iPad - had some competition during its first year.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...y-Analytics-Android-Captures-22-Percent-Share

And I can't imagine better news for the industry.

Diogen.

Yep, it is good news. Competition makes for better products.

The stories that came out with the rumors were not from sympathizers that I saw. But it doesn't actually matter who in the grand scheme of things. Just good fodder for the .advocacy newsgroups. :)

You should have noted that I didn't talk about market share, I specifically talked about profits. Apple has been and continues to make the most money in product arenas they are in, and that includes both the smartphone and touchpad markets. Market share is a nice number, but if it doesn't also include plenty of profit, that's all it is from a business perspective.

I hope that others continue to push up against Apple. Then I get better stuff from them when I buy!

You should have noted that I didn't talk about market share, I specifically talked about profits.
I did.
But I care only about market share.
Because it is directly related to choice, i.e. the exact opposite of what Apple products offer...

Diogen.