Gallery-HD: Programming Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Gallery-HD Review...

I have been very down on this channel because I did not like it and it still does not have a large number of programs. I think it is time to give you a taste of what this channel is all about.

So I caught a glimpse of the Palace Museum tonight (the end of it) and the PQ looked Superb! It was a program about the Chinese Philosopher Confucious. The end of it looked superb! I have to see the program from the beginning.

I started watching the next one "Ken Done - an australian artist". It looks like this was an HD film transfer because it does not look like the other one but still it is excellent. Anyway, the program showed for about 15 seconds a a group of artist painting a nude model. The model did not look that great. She looked old but it shows the beautiful image of a nude body in HD.

I have experienced the same type of noise coming from the sub-woofer on this channel as I have reported earlier. Also, there are some interuptions on the video while the program was showing.

The program itself is interested but more if you are into art.

Venice: Soundscape Beyond Time- as the title implies is Venice Landscape in HD without or very little commentary. Just the sound of the city from the streets, boats, its people, restaurant, shoe stores, fisherman, etc. Very good program if you like to see other culture and countries. Is it true that there is no cars in venice? That's what it was said and I saw no cars either. Nice program. Still experiencing some channel cracks in this channel.

Gallery HD Alert: Dave Holland Quintet

gallery.gif

CATEGORY: Musical
SYNOPSIS: Week one of the world's premiere ensembles live at the Montreal Jazz Festival.

DATE / TIME: January 13: 7:00PM, 10:00PM
January 14: 1:00AM, 4:00AM
January 16: 7:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM, 4:00PM, 7:00PM, 10:00PM
January 17: 1:00AM, 4:00AM
January 18: 11:00AM, 8:00PM
January 19: 5:00AM
January 26: 7:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM, 4:00PM, 7:00PM, 10:00PM
January 27: 1:00AM, 4:00AM

I heard that this was very good from someone who posted at AVS. So if you are into Jazz what better way than to see it in HD and hear it in DD5.1

Gallery-HD:Acrobats and Maniacs

I wonder if anyone was able to watch this. I just found out about it. I hope it is repeated. It sounds like an exciting documentary. I will have to watch for this.

cirque_eos.GIF

Source

VOOM, the new HDTV satellite television service, is presenting the documentary Acrobats and Maniacs in vivid images only possible in HDTV. The program is airing throughout December on Gallery HD, one of 21 brand-new, commercial-free HD channels created by Rainbow Media Holdings, LLC and available exclusively on VOOM, the first television service to offer a comprehensive array of HD programming to customers throughout the continental United States. Gallery HD explores the world's greatest museums, art galleries, architecture and exhibits of art in its varied forms, with HD detail and clarity unseen anywhere else on television.
Acrobats and Maniacs takes an intimate look at the very heart of the nouveau cirque – the people who create the magic and the people who perform it.

VOOM, the new HDTV satellite television service, is presenting the documentary Acrobats and Maniacs in vivid images only possible in HDTV. The program is airing throughout December on Gallery HD, one of 21 brand-new, commercial-free HD channels created by Rainbow Media Holdings, LLC and available exclusively on VOOM, the first television service to offer a comprehensive array of HD programming to customers throughout the continental United States. Gallery HD explores the world's greatest museums, art galleries, architecture and exhibits of art in its varied forms, with HD detail and clarity unseen anywhere else on television.
Acrobats and Maniacs takes an intimate look at the very heart of the nouveau cirque – the people who create the magic and the people who perform it.

Acrobats and Maniacs introduces the viewer to the fascinating characters who make up Quebec’s international touring troupe Cirque EOS, highlighting their dreams, fears and incredible commitment to their art form.

The one-hour documentary gives a unique perspective on what has become one of Quebec’s most important cultural exports by combining in-depth interviews with performers in training and those already centre stage, with the spectacular performances of the highflying Cirque EOS. From the close dynamics of the troupe’s relationships, to the tensions of launching a new show, Acrobats and Maniacs paints an exquisite picture of the inner workings of a large-scale cirque troupe.

Founded in Quebec City in 1998 by Michel Rousseau, Cirque EOS is an innovative company committed to promoting talented young circus professionals on both a national and international scale. Wonderfully scored and shot in rich and sensual colour, Acrobats and Maniacs captures the magic of the cirque in all its vibrant exuberance.

Gallery-HD: Heavenly Maidens Dance Again

gallery.gif

Interested program of how culture can be lost. Beautiful images and dancing...

SYNOPSIS: Cambodian women revive the royal tradition of aspara dancing, which was nearly destroyed by years of war.
DATE / TIME:

January 21: 7:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM, 4:00PM, 7:00PM, 10:00PM
January 22: 1:00AM, 4:00AM
January 24: 7:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM, 4:00PM, 7:00PM, 10:00PM
January 25: 1:00AM, 4:00AM, 2:00PM, 11:00PM
February 1: 6:00AM, 9:00AM, 12:00PM, 3:00PM, 6:00PM, 9:00PM
February 2: 12:00AM, 3:00AM
February 3: 7:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM, 4:00PM

If you are into culture and dancing, I would strongly recommend this program. It has great information and the picture is stunning.

Gallery-HD: The Beach

Just finished watching the Beach on Gallery-HD, it was an excellent program with some nudity and gorgeous breast -- much better than JJ. :D

SYNOPSIS: See how images of the beach have affected the painting, literature and other arts in Australia. Produced and Presented in High Definition, Dolby Digital.

DATE / TIME: February 6: 7:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM, 4:00PM, 7:00PM, 10:00PM
February 7: 1:00AM, 4:00AM

February 20: 5:00AM, 8:00AM, 11:00AM, 2:00PM, 5:00PM, 8:00PM, 11:00PM
February 21: 2:00AM
February 23: 6:00AM, 9:00AM, 12:00PM, 3:00PM, 6:00PM

P.S. to the OAR purists - the old 4x3 films are being shown in 4x3.

Fantastic! Excellent program... I never saw it entirely but I saw a little bit of the first part and now the end and I liked what I saw. I will definetly try to watch it again.

February 9: 8:00AM, 11:00AM, 2:00PM, 5:00PM, 10:00PM
February 10: 1:00AM, 4:00AM
February 13: 7:00AM, 9:00PM
February 14: 12:00AM, 3:00AM

The Beach is on Gallery-HD tonight at 9PM EST. If some of the new voomers have not seen this program, it is a must see.

gallery- chinese palace museum episode list

Just the chinese palace museum in hd is worth the monthly fee of voom.
Alas the information of the gallery channel doesn't provide episode lists.
Is there anyway to find out which episode is showing when?

strpyw said:
Just the chinese palace museum in hd is worth the monthly fee of voom.
Alas the information of the gallery channel doesn't provide episode lists.
Is there anyway to find out which episode is showing when?

That's a good question. I have not seen the information anywhere. I do not know if it is correct but there was supposed to be :mad: 12 Episodes (not sure about it). A new episode was premiering on Sunday's nights and there are encore presentation on Wednesdays. If anybody finds out, let us know.

I have been watching a lot of the Gallery progms like Jeff Koon...

where to request

Hi Sean,
I thought you had inside track to somebody calling shots at Voom.
So where do i go for my suggestion?

strpyw said:
Hi Sean,
I thought you had inside track to somebody calling shots at Voom.
So where do i go for my suggestion?

When it comes to programming, Rainbow is very tight about revealing information. What you I have posted is because it has been made public one way or another.

Gallery HD: The Beach

The Beach is playing now and will be playing again at 10pm tonight. Very interested program it is not rate PG-13!

SYNOPSIS: See how images of the beach have affected the painting, literature and other arts in Australia. Produced and Presented in High Definition, Dolby Digital.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)