GAME ON! Echostar XI successfully reaches Geo-synchronous Transfer orbit!

Here are my numbers from this morning (9:00am). Using a 4.5 ft. dish aimed at 110 and a DP311 (new signal meter), in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. (The dish was recently installed for testing purposes (trying to decide if I leave it at 110 or 119) and as such, it is not completely fine-tuned, I could get some litlle bit higher numbers. The reason it is not fine-tuned is because I was curious and wanted to wait till the new sat change and see the change in signal) So I've been taking signal reading for the past two weeks. Old numbers are average....

TP--old--new:

08--24--80
16--26--80
24--00--56

Please note that transponder 24 is not E8, so any changes due to the movement of E8 would not apply to 24.
TP 7 also not on E8. Was not home to see any later changes in transponder 7 and 14 (My signals for those are 0 and 22, respectively).

My perfectly (well, there's no perfect, right?) aligned 6 footer aimed at 110 has seen big improvements also (in the 90's as PedroJose stated).
Can't wait to get home and check the other transponders. I am really looking forward to see changes in TP 10 (please). The other low signal left would be TP 3, but that is not critical for me....

Luis

Well, things are looking up in AK this morning as well. My signal strengths are way up on TPs 8, 16, & 24. The following numbers are for a 1.0m CM antenna in Anchorage:

TP old new
8 20 75
16 20 73
24 16 70

Hooked up my spectrum analyzer and checked a few transponders. Looks like I'm getting 0.7 dBw stronger signal (FCC application predicted 0.8).

Please note that transponder 24 is not E8, so any changes due to the movement of E8 would not apply to 24.

TP 24 is a CONUS TP, meaning it as E8 (E10 is only spots).

Given the programming I see on those, they are a logical place to start. PPV, sports altenrates, unavailable channels. Few would notice if their procedure resulted in a loss of channels.

Also, I recall someone indicated that if the TIDs (or something like that) we reused from E8, they changes wouldn't show in an uplink report. In fact, they further indicated that increased signal strength might be the first sign of the switch.

Given AK and PR are some of the areas that are supposed to be most helped by E11, and they are reporting the biggest boost, I think we are seeing E11.

I've got a 6-footer pointed at 110, and the numbers are definitely looking good. 8, 16, and 24 are all in the high 70s. Two of weakest TPs for us here in the Interior are 3 (7-9 on the meter), and 10 (can't get a lock).

I am not too far from Puerto Rico so I will check the signal with my 6ft Channel Master to see if there are signal increase.

We should see changes in the Uplink Center when E11 goes live and I don't see any changes for today Yet.

You probably won't unless they shuffle some channels. They aren't going to change the transponder ID's since they are the same CONUS coverage at the same orbital. It will probably just slide in and then later you'll see some shuffling.

What really needs to be looked for is reduction in Forward Error Correction (FEC) rates or a greater number of channels on a TP either SD or HD.

The easiest and safest way to change from one satellite to another, would be to simply setup E*11 exactly the same as E*8 for the switch.

Then - when E*11 has taken over entirely for E*8 - they can change FEC and add more channels and move them around.

Last edited:
I am not too far from Puerto Rico so I will check the signal with my 6ft Channel Master to see if there are signal increase.

Some thing you wrote in another thread indicates that you perhaps are on the mainland.

If you look at this E*11 signal strength footprint:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=27970&d=1219097166

you will see that the satellite's antenna is focused very highly on Puerto Rico (and the islands around it) and not on the Carribean mainland that is not in the territory of the USA...

Full footprint thread is at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/145868-e11-footprints-110w.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts