GAME ON! Echostar XI successfully reaches Geo-synchronous Transfer orbit!

I bet they move a few TPs a day over without changing anything. They probably want to wait to fiddle with channel arrangements and error correction after they the transfer done. Making sure the transfer goes as smooth as possible is the first priority.

I dont dee any changes. I think it istill on E8. Just a little power because they shift E8 to make room for E11

Yikes! Things indeed have changed in the fringe of the fringe. Lost what was a nice fat signal on 8, 16, & 24 when they switched but it cooled off enough tonight to repoint the 2.4M I'm using for 110 and managed to pick up a marginal signal. But, on the bright side 72 is rock solid if I can just figure out how to get it activated on my 722.

I dont dee any changes. I think it istill on E8. Just a little power because they shift E8 to make room for E11

Some thing you wrote in another thread indicates that you perhaps are on the mainland.

If you look at this E*11 signal strength footprint:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=27970&d=1219097166http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=27970&d=1219097166

you will see that the satellite's antenna is focused very highly on Puerto Rico (and the islands around it) and not on the Carribean mainland that is not in the territory of the USA...

Full footprint thread is at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/145868-e11-footprints-110w.html

As E8 shift to make room for E11 I believe some areas benefit from better signal. I am on the fringe and the signal on 8, 16 and 24 is down 50%. TP8 is 55% use to ge this at 70+. TP16 now 55 before 83 and TP 24 42-55 now use to be 85..

The PR spot beem is on E10 (90+%). I notice some increase with TP 1 (55%), TP5 (80%), TP 9 (70%), TP 21 (84%). There are some increase in the above mention TP's tonight.

As E8 shift to make room for E11 I believe some areas benefit from better signal. I am on the fringe and the signal on 8, 16 and 24 is down 50%. TP8 is 55% use to ge this at 70+. TP16 now 55 before 83 and TP 24 42-55 now use to be 85.. .

Look at the map.

PS Why would Dish only boost the transponders on E*8 that only have PPV and sports alternate feeds ? It's just the opposite of what they would boost on E*8. But it is exactly the transponders they would move first to E*11 in order to test it out.

That could be true. but I think the TP they move from activities I see is probably TP 1,5 and 9. Tonight they are the ones showing very good signal in PR and on fringe location. By the way I am in miami

As reported first by JohnH, in the Onscreen Guide, all of the E*8 channels now say "Off Air" for a half hour starting at 3am EDT.

So, it looks like they are going to shift the rest of E*8 to E*11 in a little over 2 hours from now.

Greggor, I think you either need to be content with less signal from 110 or get a bigger dish. (And I think that no one cares where you are located, as long as you are paying for the Dish service.)

Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico should get stronger signal (based on the reports so far).

waooo... a big signal jump in Puerto Rico.

A small example is that I only had 5 to 10 signal level on transponder 10@110 and now the signal is at 80 to 81 with a 4 feet offset dish.

A similar improvement is also noticed on most of the other transponders.

Dish, now add some HD channels to the Puerto Rico/USVI HD pack.

Looks as if all but transponder 24 of the SD transponders have moved. With a 6ft dish 200 miles south of Puerto Rico seeing 80+ on all but transponder 24 which is in the 50's. Don't have HD so can't comment on those transonders. For comparison 119 is in the 55-65 range and upto yesterday was considerably better than 110 which ranged from 15 to 50.

I'm still getting same old levels on TP 7 and TP 15?.. now able to get TP 3, 10 at around 16 each (didn't get them at all before)

Are they finished?

Trying to tweak my dish for optimal 110 performance. Do you suppose they are finished adjusting the signal? Or should we expect more things to be done before Echo 11 is settled?

Trying to tweak my dish for optimal 110 performance. Do you suppose they are finished adjusting the signal? Or should we expect more things to be done before Echo 11 is settled?

seems changes still happening.. getting an extra 9 pts out of TP 15 (went from 12 this morning to 21 now)

FYI - the ten transponders that are handled by EchoStar 10 (for spotbeams) are:

Of course, those are ALL spot beams, so you may have 0 signal on some of them, which is normal.

PS 28, 30 and 32 are owned and used by DirecTV, leaving 19 for EchoStar 11 to handle as CONUS transponders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)