Games disappear from To Do List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

videojanitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Wondering if anyone else experiences this -- a friend of mine asked about a problem he experiences when trying to set recording for Giants games on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area (696-1). Basically, if you don't set up the recording on the day of the game, it will disappear from the To Do List and won't be recorded. I just tried that and indeed that's what happened. On Saturday afternoon, I set up recordings for both the Sunday and Monday games -- when I checked just now, there was nothing recorded today (and nothing shown in the history), and Monday's game is no longer set to record.

Anyone else experiencing this with their RSN?

Cant say I've seen that. I set the Twins games (that dont have a conflict with something else) to record days in advance. Friday I set up for Fri Night, Sat Night (both on FSN North) and Sunday Afternoon on My 29 (local OTA station)

All recorded just fine. Right now I have Tuesday's, Thursday's and Friday's game set up in the timers (no game tomorrow and Wednesday is already booked for both tuners)

Interesting. Well I did journey over to that "other" forum and found a recent thread where people were complaining about having to "babysit" the To Do List for games on RSNs. I didn't dig any deeper, but perhaps it has to do only with particular RSNs? Seems like there is some kind of updated guide data being pushed out overnight, and for whatever reason, it causes the DVR to believe it's a different program and it drops it from the list. Looks like you're lucky to be an area where it doesn't happen. And for some reason, it never happens when the game is on an OTA channel. Go figure.

Well, I'll be *at* AT&T Park tonight, so I'm pretty sure my brain will record the game. :D

Setup a auto record keyword search for this, I think you'll be good:

AALL GIANTS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 696 697

That means only Giants games, that are live, HD (so it don't record 696 SD version), and channels between 696 and 697. You can't specify 696-1 on the CCHAN comand or it will fail.

Thanks Jason ... I'll pass that along to my friend ... sounds like it should work.

Setup a auto record keyword search for this, I think you'll be good:

AALL GIANTS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 696 697

That means only Giants games, that are live, HD (so it don't record 696 SD version), and channels between 696 and 697. You can't specify 696-1 on the CCHAN comand or it will fail.

Hey Jason! Thanks so much for that tip. I tried it out, and it works great -- exactly what was needed.

so it must just be the HD versions as my Twins games are still in the to do list up through the weekend on 668

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)