Games in HD but not on Dish in HD (Part time HD)

The issue is not as simple as a once source problem. MLB, NBA, NHL all have say in who sees
what where. And then there is the listing service that creates the EPG program guide. Combine the two and you get garbage in garbage out on top of bandwidth issues.

I checked for the game on the 12th and it was NOT broadcast on STOHD only STO SD in southeast ohio program guide show rangers and indians game on the 14th is in HD and on the 15th rangers and Indians in HD.

Last edited:
I have NHL Center Ice. Every night I could watch a game that was advertised "...in stunning high definition..." by the network, but Dish didn't offer it.

Why is that?

Red Sox/Twins don't play today. It is a replay of yesterday's game. They play tomorrow and Thursday afternoon and both games will be on in HD.

Thank you Bob for starting this. For my locale it's simple. When Braves are on Peachtree it's HD but only if you're in metro Atlanta. I'm not, SD only for me.

A's @ Mariners , CSCAHD, (Alt HD 441)
Pirates @ Giants CSNBHD

These two games are in HD on E* however the Reds & Marlins are going in xtra innings so the A's gm @ Mariners will be a JIP

Last Friday night on 4/9 E* didn't broadcast the HD game of A's @ Angels on CSNCA-HD & on Sunday afternoon on 4/11 the 12:30 HD game didn't start until an hour later.

Does anybody else (esp. in the west or have west road games) have trouble recording the HD games on their RSN that don't start on time? JIP games are esp. bad! For me, it will record the RSN-HD slate (you know the "Check back often to ..") and it will continue to do so for the reminder of the four hour recording even when the game resumes on my RSN-HD channel. Only when you flip channels back to my RSN-HD channel will the video/audio appear but of course that doesn't happen you are recording. I missed many games last season to this problem and a couple games already this season.

This is exactly why my Direct service is being hooked up tomorrow.
Other than this very major issue, I was very pleased with Dish and there 722 receiver. If your a sports fan Direct is the way to go for HD.

Games your missing out on! For 4/14/10

Once again, I try my hardest to maintain accuracy of this list! If you find a game that is a replay or that is covered on dish please post. This list is for 4/14/10. My crystal ball is saying that there is a possibility that dish is blowing this off, and if that's the case YOU need to contact dish and tell them to stop blowing off sports fans! But its no way official and could change at a moments notice! Its no hidden secret that Dish Network subs have been waiting for over FOUR YEARS for full time HDRSN's see here (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/78546-wednesday-day.html) Its high time dish fix this issue and become a provider of the future! Especially with Directv's new bird on its way and they WILL be launching national HD to [Strike] beat [/Strike] match dish's new launches and movie lineups. Channels like ShortsHD will not separate dish from the pack, but launching the channels such as ESPNU and Local RSN's at a cheaper price WILL! People want to see their sports teams and local sports programming that is produced by their local RSN In HD on their terms and not dish's!

THE FOLLOWING GAMES WILL NOT BE SEEN ON DISH NETWORK!

Game - Channel

Buck @ Celtics FSWIHD
Nets @ Heat YESHD, FLA2HD
Knicks @ Raptors MSGHD
Washington Nationals @ Philadelphia Phillies MASNHD
Pacers @ Wizards CSNMAHD, FSINHD
Grizzlies @ Oklahoma City Thunder FSTNHD, FSOK Alt
Bulls @ Bobcats FSCRHD
Cavaliers @ Hawks FSOHHD
Pirates @ Giants FSNPIHD (listed as Senators VS Pegunins on dish!), CSNB
Reds @ Marlins FSNCINHD
Rangers @ Indians FSSWHD
Pistons @ Timberwolves FSDHD
Red Sox @ Twins NESN
Bucks @ Celtics FSWIHD
Astros @ Cardnials ALTHD
Hornets @ Rockets FSHHD
Mets @ Rockies SNY,
Angels @ Yankees YESHD, FSWHD

I am tired of Scott saying" if you want sports go with Directv"

How about people wanna save money and watch their local teams in HD! Not everyone wants MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice or NBA League Pass!

I'm saving money with Directv and I only care about the local team (the Twins)

by the way...it was nice to see the Dodgers game and hear Vin Sculley on MLB Net today :)

A's game finally has resume on 441 on the 129 sat. Missed the first three innings.

Pirates @ Giants CSNBA-HD is on E* 5419 on 4/14 however last Sunday's NBA game Thunder @ Warriors was not in HD on E*, yes even after four hour rain delay Giants game. E* yank the feed as soon as the baseball games was over.

Indians vs Rangers on 4/12 was on in HD on both STO and WKYC

However, this game was not on in HD on Fox Sports Southwest, rather only in standard def. It will also not be broadcast in HD tomorrow either. The Texas Rangers have announced this season that EVERY game will be broadcast in HD, and so far DISH has not shown them all in HD. I am given NO answers from DISH customer service, rather have been hung up on twice after lengthy conversations that went nowhere. I got a suppervisor to add the additonal sports package to my account for free so I could see if the game would come in on any other chanel, and guess what? Not only was the game blacked out on Fox Sports Northwest (Seattle game from Sunday), but ALL games were blacked out. Yep, that's right, I was unable to watch ANY games from ANY teams from ANY market. So now, I have every Sports channel available, and still no baseball games due to all being blacked out. This makes no sense, but again DISH will supply no answers. I JUST WANT TO WATCH MY RANGERS IN HD FOR EVERY GAME. If they are being broadcast that way, I do not understand why DISH is not putting them on. I do know that other cable providers ARE carrying them ALL in HD.

Once again, I try my hardest to maintain accuracy of this list! If you find a game that is a replay or that is covered on dish please post. This list is for 4/14/10. My crystal ball is saying that there is a possibility that dish is blowing this off, and if that's the case YOU need to contact dish and tell them to stop blowing off sports fans! But its no way official and could change at a moments notice! Its no hidden secret that Dish Network subs have been waiting for over FOUR YEARS for full time HDRSN's see here (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/78546-wednesday-day.html) Its high time dish fix this issue and become a provider of the future! Especially with Directv's new bird on its way and they WILL be launching national HD to [Strike] beat [/Strike] match dish's new launches and movie lineups. Channels like ShortsHD will not separate dish from the pack, but launching the channels such as ESPNU and Local RSN's at a cheaper price WILL! People want to see their sports teams and local sports programming that is produced by their local RSN In HD on their terms and not dish's!

THE FOLLOWING GAMES WILL NOT BE SEEN ON DISH NETWORK!

Game - Channel

Buck @ Celtics FSWIHD
Nets @ Heat YESHD, FLA2HD
Knicks @ Raptors MSGHD
Washington Nationals @ Philadelphia Phillies MASNHD
Pacers @ Wizards CSNMAHD, FSINHD
Grizzlies @ Oklahoma City Thunder FSTNHD, FSOK Alt
Bulls @ Bobcats FSCRHD
Cavaliers @ Hawks FSOHHD
Pirates @ Giants FSNPIHD (listed as Senators VS Pegunins on dish!), CSNB
Reds @ Marlins FSNCINHD
Rangers @ Indians FSSWHD
Pistons @ Timberwolves FSDHD
Red Sox @ Twins NESN
Bucks @ Celtics FSWIHD
Astros @ Cardnials ALTHD
Hornets @ Rockets FSHHD
Mets @ Rockies SNY,
Angels @ Yankees YESHD, FSWHD

So what do we do to get them to wake up. I never get responses to emails I send to them, and I never get anywhere with phone calls. This NO HD stuff is killing me. I too want all HD all the time, along with the MLB network, and a local channel 21 (home for Dallas Maverick, Texas Rangers, Big 12 sports, and SEC sports), but every time I complain DISH could care less. I am tired of local cable companies ad Direct TV carrying all of these in HD but have spend so much time and money with DISH it is hard to leave. I currently have 2 HD DVRs that I would have to pay lots of money for if I broke the lease, and since DISH will not just sell you the equipment, they really got you.

The suggestion to switch to DirecTV is just trying to point you in the right direction and get you satisfaction for the hard earned money you spend on TV. What you must accept is that, while offering similar or even the same products, each company and its competitors are all a little bit different. Supermarket (Ralph's :))A has all the same products for sale as supermarket B (Von's :)), yet there can be a number of reasons why people prefer supermarket A over B or B over A. And, BTW, there are always just a few precious specialty items that one supermarket has that the other doesn't (that one-of-a-kind eggnog).

While Dish is superior to DirecTV in every other way I can think of, Dish has never been #1 on sports, even takes a back seat to cable with regards to sports. For Dish to be even #2 with sports would cost Dish too much money, as in it can't really afford it, but that's what comes with choosing a much smaller company like Dish than the mega-gorilla media cos. cable companies and deep pocketed DirecTV. In fact, it is the primary reason I chose Dish over any other provider: getting the best or even 2nd best sports provider was and still is not important to me and I wanted the lowest price for what I consider the best value.

When people ask me about Dish and cable and DirecTV and which they should consider subscribing to, the first thing I say is, "If you want the tops in sports such as NFL ST, etc. or just superior sports options, then DirecTV is what you want." However, the vast majority of people (even some big-time sports fans) say, "I don't really care about all that, I just want my local teams, ESPN, broadcast nets, etc. for my sports). I have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of people just don't care about getting the #1 or even #2 sports providers because how else would have Dish gotten as large as it has over all these years with standard--not stellar-- sports offerings and still add over 200,000 subscribers just last quarter and DirectTV somewhere in the 100,000's that same quarter, and it does explain why Dish hasn't made this a top priority, and they do have the bandwidth to provide 24/7 RSN's now, but they choose not to until they feel it is time.

On the other hand, Dish committed itself to being "The HD Leader," and so far, they are achieving it. Charlie has said, repeatedly, that Dish Network is going to be the place to be for HD, and he will work hard to have the most HD channels of anybody out there. By my last count, my cable co. has 31 HD channels, DirecTV about 72, and Dish Network 92 HD channels, I mean REAL, national HD channels, not counting LIL's, PPV, VOD's, or even RSN's. So, that let's us know what Dish considers to be more important and far less financially risky than paying billions upon billions for tops in sports with insufficient return that could put Dish in financial jeopardy. All the other providers have much deeper pockets to take those losses in exchange for snagging a few more subscribers or even keep them from leaving.

We all have to go and give our business to our favorite supermarket to get the same products because one has lower prices, or it has better service, prettier displays, or friendly employees, etc.

Last edited:
This wouldn't be a problem if they would just use some of the PPV (now called Cinema) on the 129 for HD-RSNs (at least temporary), but corporate policy dictates that there's is only a limited amount of space available for HD-RSN and it hasn't changed. Is every RSN showing most every MLB game in HD? That's a lot more games than last season, which is why this is a bigger problem than ever.

BTW Do the Colo. Rockies (the home town of Charlie and E*) RSN ever have their games NOT in HD? I think not.

This wouldn't be a problem if they would just use some of the PPV (now called Cinema) on the 129 for HD-RSNs (at least temporary), but corporate policy dictates that there's is only a limited amount of space available for HD-RSN and it hasn't changed. Is every RSN showing most every MLB game in HD? That's a lot more games than last season, which is why this is a bigger problem than ever.

BTW Do the Colo. Rockies (the home town of Charlie and E*) RSN ever have their games NOT in HD? I think not.

I guess the lesson here is, when you own your own multi billion dollar sat company, you too can have your games in HD.

You need to get cracking on setting up your company if you want to catch any games this season. ;)

FWIW, my teams can only been seen on YES for baseball and MSG for hockey.

So you can see, I don't get to see ANY baseball in SD or HD unless nationally broadcast and all my hockey is in SD unless I get the HD away feed.

My choices:

1) Stay with Dish and accept it since that is how it was when I signed up
2) switch to Direct.

I choose to accept it and if/when it ever changes that would be nice.

I'm saving money with Directv and I only care about the local team (the Twins)

by the way...it was nice to see the Dodgers game and hear Vin Sculley on MLB Net today :)
:up

Although the MLBNet feed was blacked out in my area, the same feed was on PT of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)