Games in HD but not on Dish in HD (Part time HD)

Yea , the Yankees game was blacked out last night on All the Channels and including YES alternate.
I have MLB EI, and I live in the NY RSN DMA, So what was the excuse for the black out?
If you live in Yankee territory, then you should have been able to watch the game on your local station. MLBNet, just like ESPN, blackouts local games because of MLB blackout rules.

This may be off topic but what about the friggin fact that I live in Wisconsin but can't even get FS Wisconsin. I don't care about Minnesota sports

If you live in Yankee territory, then you should have been able to watch the game on your local station. .
NOPE
it was on MY9 a New York DMA channel. I live in the Scranton DMA, But New York city RSN are what serves my part of PA.
IF it was on our MY53, "Which I doubt, since its out of Willamsport PA" only D* HD customers receive that channel in SD only.
An SD channel on the 103.

I'm starting to doubt the MLB EI pack. This happend with the Phillies/Nationals game the other night too.
So far all thats been blacked out are teams that are within my area, With no way to view them, So what good is that?
Glad MLB EI was free.

It has nothing to do with EI. The game was on MY9 and you do not get MY9.

Unfortunately, you live in an area where Baseball (not Direct, not EI) determines you are in the NY DMA. Therefor the feed from the other team that plays the Yanks is blacked out in your area (MLB rule and has nothing to do with EI). The one time a week when the Yanks are on MY9 you cannot watch them since you do not get MY9. The other 6 times they are on YES, you can watch them (that is up to 6 times more a week than Dish subs can watch them in your market).

ETA: Usually the MY9 feed is provide on EI. If it is, are you able to watch that feed on the EI channel? I now I can and I do not live anywhere near the NY DMA

ahhh Now it make sense Hemi

You have the same quirk that I have here in Minneapolis. Usually on Sunday;s the Twins are on My29 which is in Minneapolis. Anybody outside of the Mpls DMA can usually see it on FSN North since they simulcast it so I can see it on an alt channel...usually 657 (tomorrows game is on 652 I think). But there are some times where FSN North may have a Wolfies or Wild game so then we are "shut out" completely. The first Friday of the season we were. Twins on 29, Wild on FSN North

ahhh Now it make sense Hemi

You have the same quirk that I have here in Minneapolis. Usually on Sunday;s the Twins are on My29 which is in Minneapolis. Anybody outside of the Mpls DMA can usually see it on FSN North since they simulcast it so I can see it on an alt channel...usually 657 (tomorrows game is on 652 I think). But there are some times where FSN North may have a Wolfies or Wild game so then we are "shut out" completely. The first Friday of the season we were. Twins on 29, Wild on FSN North
Yep, So Mlb Network failed me.:)

It has nothing to do with EI. The game was on MY9 and you do not get MY9.

Unfortunately, you live in an area where Baseball (not Direct, not EI) determines you are in the NY DMA. Therefor the feed from the other team that plays the Yanks is blacked out in your area (MLB rule and has nothing to do with EI). The one time a week when the Yanks are on MY9 you cannot watch them since you do not get MY9. The other 6 times they are on YES, you can watch them (that is up to 6 times more a week than Dish subs can watch them in your market).

ETA: Usually the MY9 feed is provide on EI. If it is, are you able to watch that feed on the EI channel? I now I can and I do not live anywhere near the NY DMA
The game was on 5 different feeds, and all 5 were blacked out

from what i heard dish won't have an mlb package anytime soon. charlie apparently got into a childish argument with those that supply the package and charlie then said he would never have it again. just a rumor or course but i wouldn't put it past him. :D

I guess if you consider multi-million dollar negotiations, a "childish argument". :rolleyes:

DISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked yesterday to see if the Reds/Pirates game on FSNOH was in HD tonight and it was listed.

Tonight though there is no REDS game in HD. Why do you have to get my hopes up? Enough already!

Interesting that they did that. Using one channel to cover several FoxSports channels saving bandwith space. Glad to have the game in HD either way. It's a shame this solution wouldn't work all of the time, we might get more games in HD. I'm asumming there would be an issue with commercials.

Games IN HD, but not in HD on Dish Network for 4/29/10

MLB

Col @ Wsh MASNHD
Stl @ Ari FSAHD
Det @ LAA PRIMEHD
SF @ SD CSNBAHD, 4SDHD
Bal @ Sea MASN2HD, FSNHD
TB @ BOS MASNHD

NHL

Buf VS Bos MSGHD
Van VS LA FS-wHD

Games IN HD, but not in HD on Dish Network for 4/29/10

MLB

Col @ Wsh MASNHD
Stl @ Ari FSAHD
Det @ LAA PRIMEHD
SF @ SD CSNBAHD, 4SDHD
Bal @ Sea MASN2HD, FSNHD
TB @ BOS MASNHD

NHL

Buf VS Bos MSGHD
Van VS LA FS-wHD

SF @ SD CSNBA HD is showing in HD on Dish at this time. I missed about a week's worth of games (on the road for work and home internet woes prevented the use of a SlingBox), but every giants game I've tuned into thus far this season has been in HD. No JIPs yet.

SF @ SD CSNBA HD is showing in HD on Dish at this time. I missed about a week's worth of games (on the road for work and home internet woes prevented the use of a SlingBox), but every giants game I've tuned into thus far this season has been in HD. No JIPs yet.

Sorry dangue, don't celebrate yet. There's a JIP game in the guide for Sunday for the Giants and the HD telecast appears it won't start until at least a hour (2pm) after the game begins.

I wasn't celebrating. Just reporting my experience. It seems like the program guide isn't accurate for HD coverage on RSNs until very close to the event date. It wouldn't surprise me if the JIP status changed between now and Sunday. If it doesn't, then I'll complain.

Wow...this thread is gonna go on forever! I've been trying to get people who have a Twitter account to post something about full time RSNs a lot on their timelines. The folks that Dish has running their Twitter profile are generally good about responding...I don't think they like my negative tweets about this. If a lot of customers would do it, it couldn't hurt.

I wish the JIP would disappear too, but I'm not betting on it. They've already done this to the A's on 5409 a week ago Sunday. The odd part to me is that A's game on that same Sunday and same time even get the pregame in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)