GameStop Reports it Suffered a Data Breach

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Check your email. Massive data breach at GameStop and your information may have been compromised. They got all parts of various CC #s.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/09/gamestop-confirms-credit-card-data-breach/?sr_source=Facebook

Luckily for me I haven't purchased anything from GameStop in a couple years. Between most of my purchases being digital these days and the 20% off physical games for Amazon Prime members I haven't had much reason to use GameStop.

Yeah I rarely shop their either except for the rare occasions when there's an unbelievable deal or great trade in offer, neither of which have happened recently. Actually they DID have that awesome Watch Dogs 2/Blue Yeti combo deal I tried to take advantage of, but sadly they ran out of stock after I had ordered it so they didn't ship it to me. Did give me $10 coupon though, so I guess it isn't all bad. But yeah it does suck for people who now basically need a brand new credit card. Hopefully they'll offer some decent restitution for these people.

Check your email. Massive data breach at GameStop and your information may have been compromised. They got all parts of various CC #s.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/09/gamestop-confirms-credit-card-data-breach/?sr_source=Facebook
I actually got a letter in the US mail from them informing me of this.

The time frame of the breach (8/16/2016 - 2/9/2017) would have been when I pre-ordered my kid's Nintendo Switches.

Looking at calling my bank later today to send me a replacement card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)