Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So whats your opinions on the new Gameswap feature? Tell us what you like and don't like about it.

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys DirecTV CE Program. :D

overall I like the feature. But I don't like the fact that it takes a while to figure out which two channels you want to use. And it doesn't let you use the yellow button to control between the two channels. Overall it is great and anytime I can watch two programs and rewind them both, it is great to me. Sorry if my grammar is not on par today. I am doing this from my iPhone.

i actually like it. the other way from the last CE might have been slowing the box down. the name seems appropriate to me since I would only use this for sports. also by just having the down button activate this feature,the yellow button is available with it's regular options on sports channels that have the new scoreguide feature. last weeks ce would disable the yellow button on sports channels with scoreguide.

Glad it's here. Although I hate the name, and wish it didn't cancel after 2 hours.

I like it, but it should let you adjust the timer for up to 6 hours instead of just two then shutting it off.

I can understand why they would want it off by default, its a lot of wear and tare on the hard drive to have it recording two streams 24 hours a day 7 days a week, especially when a good part of the day people are not watching TV.

I like it, but it should let you adjust the timer for up to 6 hours instead of just two then shutting it off.

I can understand why they would want it off by default, its a lot of wear and tare on the hard drive to have it recording two streams 24 hours a day 7 days a week, especially when a good part of the day people are not watching TV.

I like this idea. give it a 2,4 and 6hr options to choose from.

Doesn't turning your receiver off/standby stop all of the recoding (unless you are actually recording something)? Which is why when you turn your receiver on you cannot go back and rewind what you missed (unlike on the TiVO which is always recording). Which is probably why my TiVO uses more energy on standby than my HR100 uses when it is off.

Doesn't turning your receiver off/standby stop all of the recoding (unless you are actually recording something)? Which is why when you turn your receiver on you cannot go back and rewind what you missed (unlike on the TiVO which is always recording). Which is probably why my TiVO uses more energy on standby than my HR100 uses when it is off.

my HR21 has always been able to rewind on the channel tuned to when i turn it on.

Yep. actually it's come in handy at times.
There have been times when I turned on the receiver and wish I could have rewound the program (especially if I turn on the Dodger game after it already started). This is the one thing I like better about my TiVO than my HR20.

Do you know if this is true for all HR20s? Is this another difference between the HR20 and the others?

There have been times when I turned on the receiver and wish I could have rewound the program (especially if I turn on the Dodger game after it already started). This is the one thing I like better about my TiVO than my HR20.

Do you know if this is true for all HR20s? Is this another difference between the HR20 and the others?

i really don't know DK. sorry.....

My HR20-100 has always had the buffer when I turn it on in the morning. Was really handy in case it was on news/sports I could rewind and watch.

I would also like to add an "always on" option. Loved it about the TiVo.

Really? Not on my HR20. No wonder why my HR20 uses very little energy when on standby (except for when it is recording).

My HR20-700 does this, I often will come home from work and turn it on and if I'm on the channel I wanted to see, I can run it back 90 minutes ...

It must be something with my particular receiver? I wonder if this is why I don't get the national software glitches that everyone else gets from time to time? I wonder if this is why my receiver runs cooler than most and uses very little energy when off?

1.The name stinks, just call it swap.

2.Stop all of the "do you want to stop buffering so and so". You are making it too complicated.

3.When it starts it should ALWAYS be on and never turn off.

It must be something with my particular receiver? I wonder if this is why I don't get the national software glitches that everyone else gets from time to time? I wonder if this is why my receiver runs cooler than most and uses very little energy when off?

Mine is currently running at 126*, it's normally between 116* and 129*, but this is a normal temp for this unit.
Durprisingly, if I check right after a reboot (CE) it will be much lower.

You have a HR20- ? 700 or 100 ?

1.The name stinks, just call it swap.
Yes, Gameswap is kinda strange

2.Stop all of the "do you want to stop buffering so and so". You are making it too complicated.
Never seen this question

3.When it starts it should ALWAYS be on and never turn off.
I thought this too origianlly, but some have mentioned that it is harder on the wear and tear on your HD

Mine is currently running at 126*, it's normally between 116* and 129*, but this is a normal temp for this unit.
Durprisingly, if I check right after a reboot (CE) it will be much lower.

You have a HR20- ? 700 or 100 ?
Mine never gets over 97.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts