GameSwap what do you think?

Just thought I would check it out now. My receiver has been on for about 6 straight hours and it is currently 97

1.The name stinks, just call it swap.
Yes, Gameswap is kinda strange

2.Stop all of the "do you want to stop buffering so and so". You are making it too complicated.
Never seen this question

3.When it starts it should ALWAYS be on and never turn off.
I thought this too origianlly, but some have mentioned that it is harder on the wear and tear on your HD
1. It indicates a serious misunderstanding of what this is for.

2. oh wait till you are recording something on both tuners and decide to cancel one of them. After type in the channel number to switch too it asks you if you want to cancel the recording. Then when you think its going to change channels it then asks you if you want to stop buffering the channel. Its Silly. Just obey the commend I typed in.

3. Funny the HDtivo did it with no problem.

2. oh wait till you are recording something on both tuners and decide to cancel one of them. After type in the channel number to switch too it asks you if you want to cancel the recording. Then when you think its going to change channels it then asks you if you want to stop buffering the channel. Its Silly. Just obey the commend I typed in.

it's still a work in progress. this feature had some changes this weekend as you noticed. it might change again in the next couple of weeks. personally, i like the modifications :)

it's still a work in progress. this feature had some changes this weekend as you noticed. it might change again in the next couple of weeks. personally, i like the modifications :)
Actually all it is is reinventing the wheel. The HR10-250. This is basic stuff that was solved wonderfully years and years ago.

Actually all it is is reinventing the wheel. The HR10-250. This is basic stuff that was solved wonderfully years and years ago.

While I don't do the CEs due to the wife factor I like to read about them to see what's coming up. That said from what I've read about what D* is doing, it seems like they are over complicating things. D* needs to adhere to the KISS principle.

1. It indicates a serious misunderstanding of what this is for.

Good point !

Yes it is, but it's something that alot have asked for for quite some time ...
D* may look at it that way too, why are we going backwards to something we had before when we could be moving forward and doing NEW things ....

You must be using an external hd.
Nope. No cooling fans, not external hard drives, no add-ons or extras of any sort.

ETA: Just checked the temp now. Here it early in the morning, the house is the the upper 60's and my receiver has been off all night. I turned it on and checked the temp and it is now 99. It has never been this high before. I wonder if it has to do with the CE?

Last edited:
While I don't do the CEs due to the wife factor I like to read about them to see what's coming up. That said from what I've read about what D* is doing, it seems like they are over complicating things. D* needs to adhere to the KISS principle.
I experienced that last night. I don't think I will be doing too many of them myself.

Let's just say she wasn't a very happy camper. ;)

BTW, my DLB works fine. Just like before the CE, when I turn off my receiver and turn it back on, I cannot rewind any program on any turner. It is like it was just turned on for the first time.

Right now I'm just happy we have DLBs. I'm sure they will improve them soon. My first DTIVO was a Sony, I had it for a year before they activated DLB and there were bugs with it, but now it's a the top. Hopefully the D* receiver will get that good, everyone must have patience.

Nope. No cooling fans, not external hard drives, no add-ons or extras of any sort.

ETA: Just checked the temp now. Here it early in the morning, the house is the the upper 60's and my receiver has been off all night. I turned it on and checked the temp and it is now 99. It has never been this high before. I wonder if it has to do with the CE?

Okay, I'll guess again! It's not an HR20-700, yes?

Chip,
I am using an external HD as well and it's still runs in the 120*, but this temp has been the normal ever since I've had them.

Same with my HR20-700. I think some of the other models run cooler. I'll bet DK doesn't have an HR20-700.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts