Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

Price went down from 3.58 down to 3.48 locally but went to a larger city and it was 3.30 there. I would have thought that gas prices would have risen this time of year.

Tulsa is down, because the local refineries to this area are back online and we are no longer using the custom boutique summer gas blends. Guess our air quality has improved enough over the last 10 years to get us off the boutique blends of summer fuel.

Prices are going to continue to climb at least for the next couple of weeks. The rise is tied to crude oil prices, $7 a barrel last month amid unrest in egypt. Egypt controls the suez canal, a cruel route for transporting oil. If that country were to descend into a civil war we could potentially see prices to where they peeked in 2008 at $4. 11 a gallon.
That would mean $40 more for most americans to spend on gas. The department of energy says prices will remain higher for the rest of the summer averaging $3.63.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/summer-bummer-gas-prices-spike-19622302

My brother in law just got a new company truck last week. Full size Quad Cab Dodge Ram Truck and they had a CNG conversion put on it. $13.00 to fill it up. CNG is anywhere from a $1 to $1.29 in Oklahoma. I have no idea what it cost for the conversion kit. Oklahoma Farm Bureau is converting all its new OK fleet vehicles as they are swapped out. City of Tulsa started converting new fleet vehicles a couple of years ago along with City Buses and Fire Trucks and they started opening their refilling stations up to the public on Jan 1 too.

Prices are going to continue to climb at least for the next couple of weeks. The rise is tied to crude oil prices, $7 a barrel last month amid unrest in egypt. Egypt controls the suez canal, a cruel route for transporting oil. If that country were to descend into a civil war we could potentially see prices to where they peeked in 2008 at $4. 11 a gallon.
That would mean $40 more for most americans to spend on gas. The department of energy says prices will remain higher for the rest of the summer averaging $3.63.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/summer-bummer-gas-prices-spike-19622302

Just read the same story on CNBC.com....The bottom line is this time it is market speculation.
Thing is, every time the prices spike( looking at a 20 cent overall jump in the next few days) the economy tanks.

Prices are back down some to $3.55

Prices have spiked here from 15 to 20 cents per gallon.
In town here, what was $3.30 is now $3.49....In nearby towns, gas is as much as $3.59
Oil analysts have reported the on hand supply is plentiful. In fact inventories are higher now than they were this time last year.
The analysts blame unrest in Egypt for the speculating on the price of crude which is driving prices upward. WTI crude is up about $15 per barrel since early June.
However, the CEO of Gulf Oil is predicting $50 per barrel by December.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100886286

Murphy's is actually down .03 today to $3.26 but QT and other places are up to $3.39. I'm guessing Murphy's will raise the price tonight, they are usually the last one to change around here.