Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

I still can't get my head around the premium that New York seems to be charging for diesel. Their per-gallon taxes are two cents lower on diesel than on gas.

This all seems rather contrived.

I still can't get my head around the premium that New York seems to be charging for diesel. Their per-gallon taxes are two cents lower on diesel than on gas.

This all seems rather contrived.
A couple of the oft used and lame excuses,russia russia russia,and transportation.Then there's onerous regulation and the progressive utopians led by dear leader Hokum.Gonna stop now,blood pressure needs a rest.

According to AAA, the average diesel price in neighboring New Jersey is $4.361. Their diesel tax is 18 cents/gallon -- eight cents less than New York. New York's average price is $5.026 or 58 cents more before taxes.

On the other side of the oceanfront, Connecticut has a 50-cent diesel tax and a $4.702 average price which ends up being about 2 cents higher than New Jersey before taxes.

Pennsylvania has a AAA average price of $4.868 but their diesel taxes are 64 cents which puts the pre-tax price in line with New Jersey and Connecticut.

My Costco is down two cents to $3.479. Premium is 35 cents more and it seems to be sticking that way.

Spring Break (three days of parent-teacher conferences plus one week of break) starts tomorrow here so we'll see if that has any impact.