Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

A lot of the stations here in Akron and Canton have dropped to $1.97. Heard a rumor from a co-worker that he saw $1.95.

Not that I'm going to drive all over town looking to save that extra two cents. LOL

Glad to hear that it dropped in Canton to under $2 a gallon. Usually what the price is there, it is that price here in a week or two. Has gas always had this much of a difference across the country before the gas started dropping in price? I know that California was always higher.

Yes, as described somewhere way up (it never got stickied) the different tax rates, various user fees and boutique formulation costs of fuels account for the biggest differences. It also has some transportation cost issues in places like HI and AK as well prices should never be taken near airports or car rental return area as they charge upper level prices as a convenience charge.

Damn Ferg, have you called your local or state officials to see why you are so disproportionately higher than everywhere? You and I chat and know where each other's areas are; and there is NO WAY you should be higher than my spots in PHX and SoCal.

Here are some locations where I have been in the last 2 weeks and 2 buddy's home areas.

$1.83 in 63755, MO (SE MO)

$1.95 in 76021, TX (DFW area)

$1.99 in 38109 (MEM area)

$2.15 in 85205, AZ (PHX area)

$2.43 in 92104, CA (SAN area)

$2.47 in 90723, CA (LAX area)

Gas dropped from $2.18 to $2.13 this past week in some areas while others went from $2.18 to $2.25 during that same time period. A day or two later those places that went from $2.18 to $2.13 rose theirs to $2.25. PRICE GOUGING!!! I blame the gas stations and not the oil companies for that one. Why else would half of the raise it and the other half lower it then the next day the ones that dropped it raise it up to where the other ones are at? It's obvious.