Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

From the last 8 days in Athens GA prices have slowly dropped from $3.05 to $2.99 as of last Friday and have stayed there. Traveling down GA-17, US-1, last week twice prices were steady in the $2.88 range, keep in mind that most of this is out in the middle of nowhere. Gas prices in Savannah tended to be at $3.04 a gallon at the lowest unless you had a membership at Sams Club then it was $2.94.

Diesel at Sams Club in Savannah was $2.66 a gallon.

Dropped down the street to $2.95 from $2.99, across town and up from Sams at the BP it was $2.93, this is a station that never goes lower than the Race Trak up the street wich is $2.95, incidently the Sams was $2.91.

We're still floating above the $3/gal mark, with one station finally below $3.10 for unleaded regular. Diesel fuel hasn't budged and is still around $2.70/gal.

Sounds like a vacation to Texas would be cheaper than driving to northern MI!

Definitely related to the cost of fuel, a gallon of milk here jumped to $3.62 for the cheapest store brand, only half the fresh fruit and vegetables have dropped to seasonal prices while others have stayed and a few have went up. I really miss getting milk for $2.15 a gallon back in Michigan.

Location to a refinery or port of shipping definitely has nothing to do with the price of fuel, I passed stations out in the boondocks of central Georgia that were 10 - 20 cents cheaper by gallon as opposed to stations on or near majour or moderate freeways, in moderate to large cities, and near ports of entry for shipping and receiving of cargo. Check out Georgia under google maps and zoom into north east Georgia, find Athens and follow 78 east to Aonia, tiny town with below $2.90 a gallon gas, further down is Washington, then Thompson ( decent little chinese buffet ) then Wrens, followed by Louisville wich all had below $2.90 a gallon fuel while Athens and Savannah were $3.05 and up on average.

IT is now $2.69 today at RaceTrack gas stations in South east Texas . I wonder what changed to bring it down so much after Memorial Day?

IT is now $2.69 today at RaceTrack gas stations in South east Texas . I wonder what changed to bring it down so much after Memorial Day?
Nothing. Gas always runs up before Memorial Day (due to heavy driving for the long weekend), then goes back down slightly. It'll spike somewhat for July 4th, and then sharply again around Labor Day, then settle into the Fall decline.
Happens every year.

I hope you're right but I do notice that it is about a 1.00 more a gallon then what I was paying about 3 or 4 years ago.
Unfortunately I think that big jump is here to stay, like the jump several years ago from 0.75 to 1.35 as a medium.

But this years prices have been consistent with the last 2 years, with maybe a 5-10 difference. Last year my gas never got above 2.99/gal, and this years same time high was 3.04/gal. Year prior was 3.09/gal.