Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

Since 2007 ALL gas sold in the US has ethanol up to 10% as they outlawed MTBE and ethanol is the replacement. :) Unless of course the referenced station is home brewing their own. :D

BTW- Price of gas around here has increased ~40 cents a gallon in 2 weeks. But cost of crude has also risen to $46 and hit a low of $36 two weeks ago. I just filled up yesterday afternoon at Hess and paid $1.86 but later in the day they raised the price to $1.92.

Thanks I didn't realize that. Now I have some investigating to do. I know that the stations that are cheaper here, have a sign right on the pump that says may contain up to 10% ethanol. The other two that cost a little more have (BIG) signs proudly stating that they have none in there gas. So I wonder what they mean or are they trying to pull a fast one on people. :confused:

Gasoline refineries were required by 2004 to begin implementing plans to reformulate Gasoline sans Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether- MTBE. While it was an excellent anti knock octane booster it began to show up in drinking water across the nation in significant quantities, likely leakage from underground storage tanks. On a state by state basis, Refineries had to begin eliminating mtbe in the formula. The only viable replacement was ethanol but it was recognized that a sudden replacement by ethanol was not possible due to limited ethanol production. So, replacements began gradually over the next 2 years. Today, unless your gasoline is being illegally smuggled into the US from Canada or Mexico, it is essentially- E10 like gasoline. There is some theories that the rapid increase in ethanol consumption due to the mtbe ban greatly restricted the expansion of the E-85 marketing effort. Bottom line is whether you believe in the ethanol revolution for your gasoline powered car or not, E10 at least is a fait accompli and has been in use by you since throughout 2008. In addition, it has reduced the cost per gallon because ethanol is lower price per gallon than gasoline at over $1.85 per gallon.

Hey! Gas has reversed it's upward trend this week and is down 2 cents. Low price is now $1.83. High is $1.91 ( I quote "regular 87" from a range of stations I see in passing) Let's hope this is a trensd back down again.