Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

$3.28 at the Brookshires in town, and $3.39 at the Diamond Shamrock. The other stations (Exxon and Chevron) are at $3.35 a gallon.

Local Exxon had regular gas for $2.99 at the Jersey Shore just before Christmas, it is now at $3.29 one month later. Getting nervous that this fledgling economy is gonna get tagged by gas prices again. They are shutting down two refineries near Philly as well, which isn't helping matters. Obama nixing Keystone dinged long range supplies as well which was dumb. I hope they are override him or come up with a way to get more people using LNG in fleet vehicles to try and cut demand for oil.

I'm a little shocked that it's this high at this time of year. Makes me wonder what it will be like this summer....

Very true we are drilling in the. US and off shore here in the gulf we are drilling more then ever... Buy all that oil is immetaly put on the world market and shipped over seas... The XL pipe line will not help either look where it goes ffrom Canada to Houston Tx so it can be exported onto the world market.. It is not Obama blocking it it is the states that the pipe runs thru that does not want it...a

Last edited:
Philly area oil refinery to close..
Sunoco Marcus Hook refinery closing; lay offs begin today - Main Line Suburban Life - Main Line Media News
On the surface, this makes no sense. It would seem that with prices for fuel on the rise, refining would increase. Such is not the case.
Major contribution to wholesale and retail prices are speculative and no because of demand.
In fact demand for fuel is down significantly yet the cost to refine has made refining unprofitable.
The Marcus Hook plant represents a loss of 178,000 barrel of fuel per day.
No doubt the commodities markets will seize on this as another reason to bid up futures contracts....Yes of course, the pump price will rise as well.

Paid $3.69 this morning. Same station went to $3.72 three hours later.
I have seen $3.82 per gallon near here. I expect $4 by mid March..
Charlotte, NC area.
Gas is up 50 cents per gallon since the week between Christmas and New Years.

$3.77 at Costco, everyone else is $3.99 and up....

Expect another ramp up in oil and gas prices as we saw in 2008. I was looking at futures prices ( CNBC Mobile Home) The April 2012 contract for unleaded regular is at $3.22 per gallon. To get to the pump price add 70-90 cents per gallon for taxes delivery costs and retailer profit. There's your $4 plus gas. I figure with today's run up in oil prices we can expect another 5 to 7 cent spike in pump price this week.
By Easter which is 40 days from Wednesday, the national avg should be over $4 per gallon. Those of you in California, Hawaii, Alaska, Mass. and other high tax states should be at $4.25 or more by then. Especially in large cities.
Economically for the country and financially for the people, it' going to be a real sh!tty summer.