Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

From my video archives. 1980. First check out the price of Cigarettes . Now check out the pumps and what they had to do when gas got over a dollar a gallon. I worked at a Gas Station at that time. Notice the pump price. At the time many Gas Stations didn't have pumps that would allow them to be set at over a $1.00 a gallon. 99.9 was the max so they had to set it up so you had to pay double what the pump said. $7.00 was $14.00. This was before the new pumps came out to allow the price to be over $1.00 a gallon. It was a nightmare for many who worked at gas stations because sometimes employees would forgot to charge double . Capture.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture1.JPG

Last edited:
Same gas station this morning at $4.45 is now $4.72

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

From my video archives. 1980. First check out the price of Cigarettes . Now check out the pumps and what they had to do when gas got over a dollar a gallon. I worked at a Gas Station at that time. Notice the pump price. At the time many Gas Stations didn't have pumps that would allow them to be set at over a $1.00 a gallon. 99.9 was the max so they had to set it up so you had to pay double what the pump said. $7.00 was $14.00. This was before the new pumps came out to allow the price to be over $1.00 a gallon. It was a nightmare for many who worked at gas stations because sometimes employees would forgot to charge double . View attachment 81576View attachment 81577View attachment 81578

There was a small station here that had the same problem, when it went on 3 dollars. I know it sounds weird. I know the guy and one day he went out and opened the pump and showed me. The mechanical wheels with numbers all went 0-9 except the one to the left of the decimal it was 0-2. It was same size and turned all the way around if you wanted it too,but most of the wheel was blank. I thought that was crazy, I mean I don't want gas over 2.99 either but why they didn't make it like the rest, who knows. Maybe the company laughed and said it will surely never go over 2.99. :)

ke4est said:
There was a small station here that had the same problem, when it went on 3 dollars. I know it sounds weird. I know the guy and one day he went out and opened the pump and showed me. The mechanical wheels with numbers all went 0-9 except the one to the left of the decimal it was 0-2. It was same size and turned all the way around if you wanted it too,but most of the wheel was blank. I thought that was crazy, I mean I don't want gas over 2.99 either but why they didn't make it like the rest, who knows. Maybe the company laughed and said it will surely never go over 2.99. :)

I might be wrong but I wonder if the pumps only had the first numbers that went as high as 2.

They must have...these were old pumps, at a very old station......This station is still there and have same pumps,but they upgrade the dials, guess somewhere they still make parts and stuff....but they are still analog dials to this day.