Gavel to Gavel Democratic Convention on InVoom (999) 7/26 at 4pm EST

I have learned today that VOOM will be getting its feed directly from NHK and not HDNet. They will also offer gavel to gavel coverage of the convention. The coverage will be on its own seperate channel.

i wonder if HDNet is getting the feed from NHK as well? from what I have heard, its all a large pool feed with many HD networks/channels sharing resources.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have learned today that VOOM will be getting its feed directly from NHK and not HDNet. They will also offer gavel to gavel coverage of the convention. The coverage will be on its own seperate channel.
I hope its in the same quality as the HDNews ch. promo the footage of the political ranting.

Just a thought- GOP stands for God's Own Politics

Why does the Democratic party choose a jackass as their mascot?

The only reason we need these conventions is to make jobs for the broadcast industry.

Mark Cuban was asked when HDNet will be on VOOM, His answer was "Never" That is too bad that two organizations so in love with HDTV yet they fight like that.

NHK is providing the HD feed

NHK will be providing the satellite feed. Anyone can run the signal. You don't have to buy the "rights" for a political convention. They have what they call a pool feed. That way, every single network doesn't have to put their own cameras in. Of course, the big guys still have cameras on the floor with reporters, but the main 3 or 4 main cameras give everyone the same signal.

This is smart for Voom to run this. If you have Voom, there is no way you're going to watch it in SD if you have HD. And it's free for them to carry it.

I would be interested to know if they will have any correspondents at the convention covering it, or will they just be putting the HD feed from the cmaeras on the air. (I like the argueing.)

Don Landis said:
Just a thought- GOP stands for God's Own Politics

Why does the Democratic party choose a jackass as their mascot?

The only reason we need these conventions is to make jobs for the broadcast industry.

Mark Cuban was asked when HDNet will be on VOOM, His answer was "Never" That is too bad that two organizations so in love with HDTV yet they fight like that.
As confirmed by M cubans own reps he never said "never". He is currently not saying "never" either.

vurbano said:
I wonder if other HD channels will flake out because of it? I.e. have PQ problems?

Isn't 999 already an HD Channel? So what's your logic here. When the HD Boxing channel was added, the was nothing significant changes, so why the speculation. Let it come first and then talk.

It will probably be updated tonight. I saw this announcement on HDnews. If you turn to HDnews they will tell you in of those commercials that they have.

Cool. I'll check it out. Not sure how much I'll actually watch... I has to be pretty dull stuff.

I looked thru the PG for my local channels, and they are only showing 1 hour blocks each night in SD.

-John