ch 999

I need a new video capture card that does HD

Attachments

• DNCONVOOM.jpg
    DNCONVOOM.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 127
Democratic Nation Convention Schedule

Democratic Nation Convention Schedule

6:00 p.m.-Opening flag burning ceremony.
6:15 p.m.-Opening secular prayers by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
6:30 p.m.-Anti-war concert by Barbra Streisand.
6:40 p.m.-Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
7:00 p.m.-Tribute theme to France.
7:10 p.m.-Collect offerings for al-Zawahri defense fund.
7:25 p.m.-Tribute theme to Germany.
7:45 p.m.-Anti-war rally (moderated by Michael Moore).
8:25 p.m.-Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:30 p.m-Terrorist appeasement workshop.
9:00 p.m.-Gay marriage ceremony(both male and female couples).
9:30 p.m.-*Intermission*-Special: Alec Baldwin burning his U.S. passport.
10:00p.m.-Posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins.
10:10p.m.-Re-enactment of Kerry's fake medal toss.
10:20p.m.-Cameo by Dean "Yeeearrrrrg"
10:30p.m.-Abortion demonstration by N.A.R.A.L.
10:40p.m.-Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
10:50p.m.-Pledge of allegiance to the U.N.
11:00p.m.-Multiple gay marriage ceremony(threesomes, mixed and same sex).
11:15p.m.-Maximizing Welfare workshop.
11:30p.m.-"Free Saddam" pep rally.
11:59p.m.-Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
12:00p.m.-Nomination of democratic candidate.
12:15a.m.-Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

Any chance we could get Ted kennedy to drive Hillary Clinton home??

--------------------
He Who Would Sacrifice Freedom For Safety Deserves Neither - Benjamin Franklin click here for original

sorry i could resist, I dont see Ted yet on Ch 999, must not be happy hour yet :D

Rotflmao!!!!!

Too funny, technut! :D

"If Ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagon, he'd be president today" - National Lampoon Magazine's caption under the full page reprint of a VW bug advertisement, depicting a floating VW bug. (Around 1974, I think) :)

Well, the DNC is on (on channel 999) and what this means for us VOOMers?

Our HD channel count just went from 36 to 37! @party

For the first time channel 999 can be officially counted too!

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but the main speaker podium sound all came from my right channel and a little bit from the center. Crowed was in the left speaker. Odd. All other channels were normal. Good picture. Hilary looked great in bright Yellow. (This is not an endorsement just an HD comment)

King Bill !!

all hail king Bill........

"where's my interns"?

MR>C

Attachments

• billinDNC.jpg
    billinDNC.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 100
  • billinDNC2.jpg
    billinDNC2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 105
The convention looked great!! Felt like you were there! The music interludes must've had a direct feed from the sound board becasue they sounded really good. Regardless of your politics, it was great to see it look so good, sound great, and not be interrupted at all! No ads, no commentary, no 'spin' from some talking head- just pure unadulterated HD capture that allows us to see and hear everything and make up our own minds....

And I agree with a previous post- Hillary did look pretty good in HD!

Was I the only one who was getting sick of hearing the crowd sing "Go Johnny Go" from Johnny B Goode?

Everyone dancing in the isles like they were having a great time just seemed too phoney to me. (No I am not making fun of the Democrats, as I am sure the Republication convention will be the same way)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Was I the only one who was getting sick of hearing the crowd sing "Go Johnny Go" from Johnny B Goode?

I found that whole stretch seriously disturbing, and at first while I don't really care for politics in general, the HD viewing did make you feel like you were "there" staring through a window into the convention. Suddenly I felt the downside to HD, the actual "being there" feeling while old guys and old ladies started convulsing and swaying off beat to Johnny B Good nearly sent me into aniphilactic shock.

It was nice to be able to watch it in it's entirety without the pundits interrupting constantly.

Jimmy Carter was awesome! If you're a political junkie like myself, this is really great to be able to watch it HD. It does look really good.

Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter should be taken out the back of the Fleet Center and shot!

I'm kidding.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Everyone dancing in the isles like they were having a great time just seemed too phoney to me. (No I am not making fun of the Democrats, as I am sure the Republication convention will be the same way)
I thought it was revealing how all the commotion died to a whimper whenever the major networks broke to a commercial. Just shows how staged the whole thing was. No serious decisions get made here. Just a poorly staged media event.

It was great to watch the "real" convention without ads and in HD. I really enjoyed the HDN coverage.

And, I agree, the Republican convention will be every bit as staged.

I just came back from vacations and I'm pleased to find out that VOOM is covering this event. I think that the idea of using channel 999 for coverage of special events is great. I hope VOOM continues doing so as other future events come.

I just don't get convention folks. As I'm paying some bills I'm wathing this. It seems every Dem. politician is getting 5 minutes to do a speech. And as they all say the same thing, these folks in the crowd just get so excited. This isn't a swipe at Dems b/c the GOP is the same. But it's almost scary how important this is to some people.

squicken said:
I just don't get convention folks. As I'm paying some bills I'm wathing this. It seems every Dem. politician is getting 5 minutes to do a speech. And as they all say the same thing, these folks in the crowd just get so excited. This isn't a swipe at Dems b/c the GOP is the same. But it's almost scary how important this is to some people.

Some things are done as a matter of tradition.

I think it's even scarier how unimportant it is to some people. If you don't like the political process in this country, work at changing it. Marginalizing it or poking fun at it doesn't help. This is our country, our future & our children's future.

thanks for the convention coverage VOOM

Did Mrs. Kerry forget to thank the troops? I heard her thank the peaceCorps but no mention of Our troops that keep her south-african ass safe at night.

just my 2 cents,

I cant get enough of this coverage, my 12 yr ols are gonna be tramatzed by the time both conventions are iver its mandatory viewing in my home.
also note I have heard some very upward thinking (Democrat) gov.'s today,

and any one know where I can get that nice football feild widescreen monitor there using ?

Attachments

• mskerry.jpg
    mskerry.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 107

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts